【語法和句型】
1. Yorkshire Building Society questioned 1,527 people to find out what they most valued in their partners.
約克郡建房合作社就“你最看重配偶哪個方面”的問題調查研究了1527個人。
1) value既可以做名詞的時候也有多種意思,可以表示“價值,價格”,例如:
The expert set a value of 10, 000 dollars on the painting.
專家給這幅畫定價1萬美元。
2) 還可以表示“實用性,有價值,重要性”,例如:
Good books are of great value to students.
好書對學生非常有用。
3) 另外還有一個意思是“價值標準,價值觀,職業道德,行業準則”,例如:
Our values and behaviour patterns are different from yours.
我們的價值觀念和行為模式與你們的不同。
4) 在本句中,value做動詞表示“重視,尊重”,例如:
I valued my friendship with my classmates.
我珍視我和同學們之間的友誼。
5) value作動詞還有一個意思是“估價”,例如:
I valued the bike at 200 dollars.
我估計這輛自行車值200美元。
2. But then they realised they were fed up with a man who spent longer in the bathroom than they did.
但之后她們會意識到自己十分厭倦一個流連于浴室中的男人。
fed up with 表示“受夠了……”,例如:
I'm fed up with this job.
我對這種工作厭煩極了。
I am simply fed up with this kind of weather.
我簡直對這種天氣煩透了。