第一, 情景對話
A: What are you going to do during the summer holiday?
今年暑假你打算去哪兒?
B: I'm going back to my hometown.
我打算回老家。
A: That sounds great. You'll lay eyes on many of your old friends.
好主意,你又可以見到你的老朋友了。
B: You bet. What about you?
當然了,你假期有什么打算?
A: I am going to Qingdao.
我打算去青島。
B: That's a beautiful city. Wish you a good time!
那可是個美麗的城市,祝你玩得愉快!
第二, 詞海拾貝
lay eyes on
exp. To see with attention. (見到)
e.g. You'd have known I never wanted to lay eyes on you again!
你早就應當知道,我是決不想再理睬你的!
e.g. The moment Mollenhauer laid eyes on Cowperwood he realized that he had a pow erful personality to deal with.
當莫侖霍一眼看到柯帕烏的時候,他就覺得是要對付一個個性堅強的人了。
e.g. The minute I laid eyes on the stray dog I recognized it as my neighbor's.
我一看見那條迷路的狗,就認出它是我鄰居家的。
e.g. Suddenly, she laid eyes on a field of bright red berries.
忽然,她瞥見一片鮮紅色果實的果園。
第三, 語匯積累
go back to:回到……
e.g. It occurred to Byron that he could go back to the fraternity house through Claremont Avenue.
拜倫突然想起,他蠻可以取道克萊蒙特大街返回兄弟會。
e.g. You must reverse the car and go back to the main road.
你應該把車倒過頭來回到主干線上去。
其它:during the summer holiday:在暑期內
go back to one’s hometown:回老家
第四, 口語短句
1. I bet. (我肯定。)
2. Wish you a good time. (祝你過得愉快!)