第一, 情景對話
A: You like the English literature?
你喜歡英國文學嗎?
B: Yeah. I like the novels especially.
喜歡,我最愛讀的是小說。
A: Do you like Dickens' novels?
你喜歡狄更斯的作品嗎?
B: Yes, I even know some of them backwards.
非常喜歡,有些我都能倒背如流。
A:Really? It does good to you all the time, doesn't it?
真的?你一定受益匪淺,是吧?
B:Of course.
當然。
第二, 詞匯拾貝
know something backwards
exp. To be extremely familiar with a particular subject, field, or piece of writing, film, music, etc. (非常熟悉某物,對某物了如指掌)
e.g. I've read this book so many times, I know it backwards.
這本書我已經讀過很多遍了,我對它的內容很熟悉。
e.g. You should ask Samantha about your car. She knows engines backwards.
你應該問問薩曼莎你的車,她非常了解發動機。
e.g. Every actor ought to know his lines backwards before he goes on stage as nervousness may make him forgetful.
每個演員上臺演出之前應該把臺詞背得滾瓜爛熟,因為緊張可能使他易忘。
e.g. They know company personnel policy backwards and forwards.
他們對公司的人事政策了如指掌。
第三, 語匯積累
1. do good to somebody:對某人有好處或益處
e.g. I hope I can do good to the company.
我希望能為公司作出貢獻。
e.g. Moderate exercises do good to their health.
適度的運動對他們身體有好處。
2.all the time:總是
e.g. At least you can't write to them all the time.
至少你不能一直給他們寫信。
e.g. He broke his leg and had to lie all the time.
他折斷了腿,不得不總是躺著。