Caitland: How are you planning on getting to school and to your job without a car?
凱特蘭:你打算怎樣在沒有車的情況下上學和上班?
Bruno: I’ve got it covered. I have my skateboard.
布魯諾:我已經搞定了。我有滑板。
Caitland: Your skateboard won’t be any use on those dirt roads.
凱特蘭:你的滑板在土路上就沒招兒了吧。
Bruno: No big thing. I’ll just take my bike.
布魯諾:沒什么大不了。我可以騎自行車。
Caitland: Your bike was stolen, along with your rollerblades, remember?
凱特蘭:你的自行車和溜冰鞋都被偷了,還記得嗎?
Bruno: Oh, yeah. Maybe I’ll save up and buy a Segway.
布魯諾:對哦。也許我能存點錢再買輛賽格威。
Caitland: Those things are really expensive. What’ll you do in the meantime?
凱特蘭:那些東西貴的要命。那這期間你要怎么應付?
Bruno: Maybe I’ll take the bus. Worst case scenario, I give myself more time and I walk. Why are you so interested in how I’m going to commute? Fess up.
布魯諾:也許我會乘公共汽車出行。最壞的情況是,我提前出門,然后步行去。你為什么對我的通勤方式這么感興趣?老實交代。
Caitland: I care about your well-being, that’s all.
凱特蘭:我只是關心你罷了。
Bruno: Oh, yeah? I don’t buy it. There’s got to be an ulterior motive.
布魯諾:噢,是嗎?我不相信。你一定別有用心。
Caitland: Well, I do have an old scooter that would be just what you need to get back and forth from school and work. It uses very little gas and I’ll let you have it for next to nothing.
凱特蘭:嗯,是這樣,我有一輛舊滑板車,剛好方便你上學和上班。這個滑板用氣很少,我可以“白菜價”給你。
Bruno: I knew it. You’re trying to pawn off that old scooter on me. Forget it!
布魯諾:無事獻殷勤。你是想把那輛舊滑板賣給我。想都別想!
Caitland: I’m just looking out for your best interest, that’s all.
凱特蘭:我只是為你著想,僅此而已。
Bruno: Isn’t that what all con artists say?
布魯諾:騙子不都是這套說辭么?
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載