瓦妮莎:我等不及讓新進職員著手工作了。我們需要人手。
Daniel: It won’t be for a while. Background checks have to be done first.
丹尼爾:用不了多久。首先要對他們進行背景考察。
Vanessa: Background checks? Are those really necessary?
瓦妮莎:背景考察?真的有必要這樣做嗎?

Daniel: You’d be surprised. We’ve been burned before. We don’t want to hire anyone with prior instances of negligence or anyone else who has been involved in a corporate scandal. Sometimes we even get people with fraudulent credentials.
丹尼爾:你會大吃一驚的。我們有過前車之鑒。我們不想雇傭任何因疏忽犯錯的人或卷入公司丑聞的人。有時我們甚至遇到有欺詐前科的人。
Vanessa: Isn’t a background check kind of invasive? What do they check for, a criminal record?
瓦妮莎:背景考察難道不是一種侵犯嗎?他們想要考察什么,犯罪記錄嗎?
Daniel: Yes, but that’s just the beginning. Investigators check driving records, credit reports, school transcripts, sex offender lists, and much more.
丹尼爾:是的,但是這只是開始。調查人員還會檢查駕駛記錄、信用報告、學校成績單、性犯罪者名單等等。
Vanessa: I had no idea.
瓦妮莎:我不明白。
Daniel: When someone runs your Social Security number, all kinds of things come up. Investigators also check court records and medical records.
丹尼爾:當別人調出你的社保賬號,所有的個人信息都會暴露無遺。他們還會調取你的法庭與醫療記錄。
Vanessa: That’s amazing.
瓦妮莎:太不可思議了。
Daniel: On top of all that, they often speak with past employers and character references.
丹尼爾:最重要的是,他們還會向你的前雇主咨詢
Vanessa: And the new hires are okay with the company doing this kind of invasive background check?
瓦妮莎:那新職員也同意公司進行這種侵犯式的背景調查?
Daniel: You were.
丹尼爾:你也經歷過的。
Vanessa: Me?! You mean they ran a background check on me before I was hired?
瓦妮莎:我?!你是說我受雇前也進行了背景調查?
Daniel: You bet.
丹尼爾:沒錯。
Vanessa: So they know all about…
瓦妮莎:所以他們知道我的所有......
Daniel: What?
丹尼爾:什么?
Vanessa: Forget it.
瓦妮莎:算了。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載