Listen to a conversation between a student and a music director.
請聽一個學生和一位音樂總監之間的對話。
Miss Harper?
Harper小姐?
Yes, can I help you?
對,需要幫忙嗎?
Hi, my name’s Eric Paterson, I’m a journalism student, I wanted to ask you about the orchestra...
你好,我叫Eric Paterson,我是新聞系的學生,我想向您了解一下管弦樂隊......
I’m sorry, Eric. But the orchestra is only open to music majors.
很抱歉,Eric,但是管弦樂隊只招音樂專業的學生。
Really? Well, see...
真的嗎?是這樣的......
But the policy is changing next year, after that, if you’ve taken three music courses, you will be able to audition.
但是明年政策就有變動了,在那之后,如果你上過三門音樂課,那就可以參加面試了。
Well, I have taken some music courses and I do play the double bass.So maybe that’s something to think about,
我上過一些音樂課,而且我會拉低音提琴。所以也許那值得考慮,
but actually I was here about something else.
但是實際上我是為了其他事而來的。
Oh, sorry. It’s I...I get that question all the time. So...
哦,對不起,只是......我總是被問到那個問題,所以......
That’s okay. The thing is I work for Magna-the school paper and I am reporting on last week’s concert.
沒關系,事情是這樣的,我是學校報社Magna的,而我正在報道上周的音樂會。
Now I went to it and I really enjoyed it, but now I’m looking for some background knowledge.
我去看了,而且非常喜歡,但是現在我在找一些背景知識。
Well, I can refer you to some of the students in the orchestra if you’d like a young musician’s point of view.
如果你想要年輕音樂家的觀點,我可以讓你跟樂隊的一些學生談談。
Uh...I guess that might be helpful. But...um...I’m really looking for a little bit of scholarly prospective.
我猜那也許有幫助,但是......我真正在找的是更學術性一些的角度。