Listen to part of a lecture in a chemistry class.
請聽化學課上的部分內容。
So just to sum up, matter is anything that has mass and volume, right?
總結一下,物質就是一切有著質量和體積的東西,對嗎?
Anything that takes up space, and this includes solids, liquids and gases.
一切占據了空間的事物,包括固體、液體和氣體。
And if we combine two portions of matter, we get a mixture.
如果我們把兩種物質結合在一起,我們會得到一個混合物。
Now, there are two main kinds of mixtures: homogeneous and heterogeneous, maybe I should put this on the board.
有兩種主要的混合物:同質混合物和異種混合物,也許我應該把這個寫到黑板上。
Whether a mixture is homogeneous or heterogeneous...well...this relates to the notion of phase.
一種混合物究竟是同質的還是異種的......這和狀態的概念有關。
Remember we define the word “phase” as being one physical state, whether solid, liquid or gas? That...well. .that has distinct boundaries and uniform properties.
還記得我們把“狀態”定義為一種物理狀態嗎?固體、液體還是氣體?那有著明顯的界限和一致性質。
So homogeneous mixtures...what are they?
那么,同質混合物......它們是什么呢?
Okay. The prefix “homo-” means “same”, so a homogeneous mixture is the same throughout.
“homo-”這個前綴指的是“相同的”,所以一個同質混合物就是輸量相同的。
It contains only one phase, so if you put alcohol in water, the two liquids combine, they disperse into each other.
它只包含了一種狀態,如果你把酒精放進水中,這兩種液體會結合,它們會消散進彼此之中。
And you can’t perceive any boundary between the two any longer.
你在這兩種物質之間再也察覺不到任何界限了。