Listen to a conversation between a student and her economics professor.
請聽一位學生和她的經濟學教授之間的對話。
Excellent presentation you made at the end of class yesterday.
你昨天在下課之前做的課堂演講太棒了。
Oh, thanks.
哦,謝謝。
I’m so glad you volunteered to present first.
我很高興你自愿第一個演講。
Starting out by outlining what you were going to say, then at the end summarizing the key points.
開頭概述了你要講的內容,然后在最后總結了關鍵點。
It was a very effective way of getting your points across.
這是讓別人理解你的觀點的一個很有效的方法。
I’m glad you think so. I was afraid it might come across as too formal.
你能這么認為太好了,我還擔心會讓人感覺太正式了呢。
Not at all. In fact, I think it’s a great approach in general for these presentations.
一點也不會。事實上,我覺得這一般對這些演講來說是個很棒的方法。
So I hope the others were taking note, and the economic model you discussed: build operate transfer, I think everyone was quite interested.
所以我希望其他學生做了筆記,而且你討論的那個經濟模式:建設-經營-移交(BOT),我覺得大家對此都相當感興趣。
Yeah. It makes so much sense,
是的,它有著很大的意義,
if governments allow private companies to build public works like a power plant
如果政府允許私營公司建造公共工程,比如發電廠,
and then operate it for a decade or two before transferring ownership to the government, everyone benefits.
然后在把所有權移交給政府前讓這些公司運營十幾二十年的話,每個人都受益。
Yes, the private companies make a profit, the public gets immediate infrastructure.
是啊,私營公司獲得了利潤,公眾得到了直接基礎設施。