Having Difficulty Reaching a Group Decision
集體決策時遭遇瓶頸
Derrick: That does it. I give up!
戴里克:我受夠了。我放棄!
Liz: Don’t lose heart. We’ll come to a consensus sooner or later.
莉茲:別泄氣。我們早晚能達成共識。
Derrick: No, we won’t. We’re hopelessly deadlocked.
戴里克:不,不可能的。我們已經完全陷入僵局。
莉茲:沒錯,我們現在是完全對峙的狀態,但是需要一方中改變想法打破僵局。
Derrick: The trouble is, everybody seems to have made up their minds and they’re beginning to dig in their heels.
戴里克:問題是,雙方看似都拿定主意并且開始拒不讓步。
Liz: Before they do, let’s take one more vote. Maybe somebody has changed their mind.
莉茲:在此之前,咱們再投一次票。也許有人會改變主意呢。
Derrick: I doubt it. Nobody wants to be outvoted so both sides are trying to maintain the status quo. They’d rather be deadlocked than on the losing side.
戴里克:難說。沒有人愿意以票數少出局,因此雙方會努力維持這種平衡。他們寧愿僵持不下也不愿敗下陣來。
Liz: But if we don’t reach an agreement, we’ll have to come back tomorrow and continue our discussions and deliberations.
莉茲:但是如果我們無法達成一致,明天還得回來繼續探討和協商。
Derrick: You’re right! I can’t spend another day in this room. I’ve held out long enough.
戴里克:說的對!我實在受不了在這間屋子里再待一天了。我已經到了極限了。
Liz: What do you mean?
莉茲:你這話是什么意思?
Derrick: The only way I’m getting out of here is to change sides!
戴里克:遠離此地的唯一辦法就是改變現有立場!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載