Because statistically about 50% of the customers don’t complain about service failures, at least not to the service provider.
因為就統計到的情況而言,大約50%的顧客不會對服務失敗進行投訴,至少不會對服務提供者投訴。
But negative word of mouth, now that’s got worse implications for your business.
但是壞口碑對你的生意影響更壞。
Also, you’d have to pay your employees to execute the service a second time.
還有,你得付錢讓你的員工進行第二次服務。
Typically, a service recovery is gonna involve some kind of compensation, right?
通常服務補救會包括某種補償,對吧?
So it’s gonna cost your company some money that your are going have to account for in your budget.
所以這會讓你的公司損失一些錢,而你必須得在你的預算中為這筆費用負責。
I’ve actually been researching some of these issues myself
事實上,我本人調查了這些問題中的一些,
because what we need is a deeper understanding of customers’ thought processes and their reactions to service recoveries.
因為我們需要對顧客的思維過程和他們對服務補救的反應有更深層次的理解。
How do consumers form expectations? How do they react to different service recovery tactics?
顧客是如何形成期待的?他們對不同的服務補救策略作何反應?
Can we predict how any given customer will react to a given service failure?
我們能預計任何特定的顧客對特定的服務失敗的反應嗎?
People’s expectations, their priorities vary.
人們的期待,他們優先考慮的事各不相同。
Like, uh, if I am in a hurry, and the French fries I ordered at a fast food restaurant aren’t piping hot, I might not complain ‘cause I got them fast.
比如說,假如我很趕時間,那如果我在一家快餐店點的薯條不是很熱我可能也不會不滿,因為我很快拿到了它們。
But if I am not in a hurry, I might return the fries even if I had to wait for a fresh batch.
但是如果我不趕時間,即使我在下一批薯條新鮮出鍋之前要等一會兒,我也會把薯條退回去。