Are you part of the program they plan for parents’ weekend?
你們是不是要參加他們為家長周末聚會計劃的節目?
Yeah, the thing is we are a tap dancing group, and we need to practice on hard floors, preferably wood.
是的。問題是我們是一個踢踏舞小組,我們需要在硬地面上練習,最好是木地板。
We can practice on carpet at first, but it’s important for us to be able to hear our feet hit the floor.
我們開始時可以在地毯上練習,但對我們來說能聽到我們的腳碰到地面的聲音很重要。
Interesting, uh, because of the rhythm, huh?
有意思,是因為節奏對吧?
Yeah, because the tapping becomes part of the music.
是的,因為我們踢踏發出的聲音成為了音樂的一部分。
So the floors are very important.
因此地板很重要啊。
Exactly, and just about everywhere on campus has carpeting.
正是如此,可是學校里幾乎每個地方都鋪了地毯。
Well, there’s always the stage at the student theater.
你們還可以用學生劇院的舞臺嘛。
Though it’s a long shot, we can look at the schedule. There might be some odd hours free.
雖然希望不大,但我們可以看看日程表。也許有一些剩余的空置時間。
What about in town? Do you think the university could help us rent a rehearsal space in a commercial dance studio in town, given the situation?
在市里呢?你覺得考慮到目前的狀況,學校能不能幫我們在市里的一個商業舞蹈室租一個排練場地呢?
That’s not really my call. I can reserve rehearsal and performance spaces on campus for you, but off campus...
這個我說了不算。我能幫你在學校里預留排練和演出場地,但是在校外......
So who would I talk to? The Dance Department?
那我應該找誰談?舞蹈系嗎?
Look, let’s check the theater schedule first.
這樣吧,我們先查看一下劇院的日程表再說吧。