Listen to a conversation between a student and a university activities coordinator.
請聽一個學生和一位大學活動協調員之間的對話。
I understand your problem, but the upper level of the Student Center isn’t available for the time being.
我理解你的難處,但是學生中心樓上那一層現在不能用。
But my dance group has a performance coming up.
但是我的舞蹈小組要演出了呀。
I’ve been talking with people all day long who are in the exact same situation.
我一整天都在和處于完全相同狀況的人談話。
There are at least a dozen dance and drama groups on campus, and they are all scrambling for rehearsal space right now.
學校里至少有十幾個舞蹈和戲劇小組,他們現在都在搶排練的地方。
But I made this reservation last June, before leaving for the summer.
但是我去年6月份預定的啊,在放暑假之前。
No one said anything about construction.
那時候沒人提到過施工的事啊。
That’s because no one knew that the remodeling was gonna run over into the beginning of the school year.
那是因為當時沒人知道改造會一直持續到學年開始。
The builders are just way behind schedule. For a while, we weren’t even sure that the dining hall on the lower level would be ready for the start of the semester.
建筑商的進度太慢了,我們曾一度不確定低一層的餐廳能不能在這學期開始前弄好呢。
So, it could’ve been a lot worse.
所以本來可能會糟糕得多的。
So when will...?
那什么時候會......?
The whole upper level will be ready in six weeks. The rehearsal rooms, the game room, the computer center.
整個第二層會在6個周以后弄好,排練室、游戲室、電腦中心都會弄好。
Six weeks! That’s not gonna help me. Our performance is in five weeks.
六個星期!這對我一點幫助都沒有。我們的演出是在五個星期之后。