Christine:Help me! I'm going to fall!
克里斯汀:幫幫我!我要掉下去了!
Asahi:You're not going to fall. I've got you.
朝日:你不會掉下去的。我拉著你呢。
Christine:Sorry, I have a fear of heights.
克里斯汀:對不起,我有恐高癥。
I sometimes have panic attacks when I'm high up off the ground.
我有時離開地面的時候會有恐慌癥。
Asahi:Okay, but we're not very high up.
朝日:好吧,但是我們的位置不是很高啊。
Christine:I know. My phobia is totally irrational.
克里斯汀:我知道。我的恐懼是完全非理性的。
Asahi:That explains a lot, like why you live on the ground floor of your apartment building and why you didn't want to go hiking near the cliffs.
朝日:這下我明白了,為什么你住在公寓一樓,為什么不想去懸崖附近遠足。
Christine:That's right. I try to avoid any situations that will trigger my fear.
克里斯汀:沒錯。我試圖盡量避免任何會引發恐懼的情況。
Asahi:So how do you travel? Do you ever fly?
朝日:那你如何旅行呢?坐過飛機嗎?
Christine:The one time I flew in an airplane I experienced vertigo and I hyperventilated until we landed.
克里斯汀:有一次我在飛機上經歷了眩暈,直到降落我還不斷喘粗氣。
I was really agitated because I thought I was going to die.
我當時非常激動因為我想會死掉。
It wasn't pretty.
這不是什么光彩的事情。
That's why I normally drive or take a train.
因此我通常開車或乘坐火車。
Asahi:So I'm guessing no skydiving for you.
朝日:因此我猜你跳傘也不行。
Christine:Not unless you want to find out how my stomach reacts to heights!
克里斯汀:除非你是想探究我的胃對高度的反應!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載