瑪西婭:唷!我想他們從未離開。
Artem:I enjoyed their company, didn't you?
亞提姆:我很喜歡他們的公司,你怎么樣?
Marcia:Jessie is fine, a little reserved and soft-spoken, and on the shy side.
瑪西婭:杰西很好,性格有些內斂,很好說話,還有點害羞。
Kelly, on the other hand, talked our ear off.
反之凱利則是太健談了。
No one could get a word in edgewise with her.
她說話時沒人能插嘴。
Artem:I thought Kelly's anecdotes were funny.
亞提姆:我覺得凱利講的那些事情很有趣。
She was a little long-winded, I'll admit, but I enjoyed talking to her more than trying to make conversation with Jessie.
我承認她有點啰嗦,但相比同杰西交談,我還是喜歡跟她講話。
She is so close-mouthed and guarded that it was like pulling teeth.
她如此低調緘默又時刻堤防,跟她講話就像拔牙一樣。
Marcia:I'd rather talk to someone who is a little reticent than a loudmouth.
瑪西婭:我寧愿同有點沉默寡言的人講話也不愿意同大嗓門的人接觸。
Artem:Ooh, that's a little harsh.
亞提姆:哦,是有點苛刻。
Marcia:Maybe you're right, but I don't like the blathering, gossipy type.
瑪西婭:也許你是對的,但我不喜歡講廢話,愛傳閑話的類型。
Artem:I wonder…
亞提姆:我想…
Marcia:What?
瑪西婭:什么?
Artem:I wonder what they're saying about us.
亞提姆:我想知道他們怎樣看待我們。