A case of insanity?
一宗精神錯亂的病例?
Are you insinuating that I am insane?
你是在暗示我精神錯亂嗎?
The patient blurted out indignantly.
病人憤慨地脫口而出。
I insist that you release me immediately from this institution!
我堅決要求你立即把握從這個收容所里放出去!
Please rest at ease, my dear Mr.Brown.
請放心,我親愛的布朗先生。
I have treated innumerable cases such as yours and have a great deal of insight.
我治療了無數像你這樣的病例,很有見識。
Patients who suffer from insanity invariably respond in the manner you have just done,replied the doctor.
患有精神錯亂的病人反應總是像你剛才那樣。醫生回答。
The medicine you are about to receive is a recent innovation for the treatment of senile dementia.
你將要吃的藥是最近發明出來治療老年癡呆的。
It inhibits the violent mood swings that are common in patients such as yourself.
它能抑制像你這樣的病人常有的劇烈情緒波動。
We shall initiate your treatment right away, with an initial dose of just 10 milligrams.
我們將馬上開始對你的治療,初始的劑量只有10毫克。
By the way, we seem to have a slight problem with our in-house records.
順便說一下,我們的住院記錄有點小問題。
Is your first name initial a B or a P?
你的名字的開頭大寫字母是B還是P?
It's ‘P',' Mr.Brown replied meekly.
是P,布朗先生謙恭地回答。
I want you to understand, doctor, you are hurting my innermost feelings.
我想讓你知道,醫生,你傷害了我內心深處的感情。
With the callousness innate in ruthless criminals, and paying no further attention to the patient, the doctor inserted the needle into Peter Brown's lower arm and injected three times the recommended dose.
醫生帶著殘忍的罪犯天生的無情,不再注意病人,將針插入彼得布朗的前臂,注射了推薦的劑量的三倍。
Soon the inorganic chemical that was the main ingredient in the medicinal cocktail did its work, and Mr. P. Brown was inert and incapacitated.
很快,藥用雞尾酒的主要成分無機化合物發生作用了,P布朗先生變得遲鈍,不能活動了。
The doctor, however, was just thinking of one thing: forging his patient's will so as to get access to a substantial inheritance.
然而,醫生正在想一件事情:偽造病人的遺囑,那樣可以得到大量的遺產。
The doctor was quite certain that if any inquisitive busybody were later to insist on an inquiry, he would be found innocent.
醫生非常確信,如果好奇的愛管閑事的人以后堅持要對此進行調查,也會發現他是清白無辜的。