Well, before we decide we're going to live in Enderby, we really ought to have a look at the schools.
那么,在我們決定住到恩德比之前,我們真該好好看一下學校。
We want the children to have a good secondary education, so we'd better see what's available.
我們想讓孩子們獲得良好的中學教育,因此我們最好去看看那里都有些什么學校。
They gave me some information at the district office and I took notes.
地區辦事處的人給了我一些信息,我記了些筆記。
It appears there are five secondary schools in Enderby, three state schools and two private.
恩德比似乎有五所中學,三所公立,兩所私立。
I don't know if we want private schools, do we?
我不知道我們是否要私立學校,要嗎?
I don't think so, but we'll look at them anyway.
恩,但無論怎么樣,我們還是看一下吧。
There're Saint Mary's, that's a catholic school for girls, and Carlton Abbey,
有圣瑪麗學校,一所天主教女子學校,還有卡爾頓修道院,
that's a very old boys' boarding school, founded in 1672.
一所歷史悠久的男生寄宿學校,建于1672年。
Are all the state schools co-educational?
所有公立學校都男女同校嗎?
Yes, it seems so.
嗯,好像是。
I think little Keith is very good with his hands.
我覺得小基思非常擅長手工。
We're to send him to a school with good vocational training, carpentry, electronics, that sort of thing.
我們打算把他送到能提供木工、電氣等較好職業培訓的學校。
In that case, we are best off at Enderby Comprehensive.
那樣的話,我們最好選擇恩德比綜合學校。
I gather they have excellent workshops and instructors.
我這所學校擁有優秀的工作間和師資。
But it says here the Donwell also has good facilities.
但這里也說唐維爾的設施也很不錯。
Enderby High has a little, but they are mostly academic.
恩德比高中設施不多,但它以學術為主。
No vocational training at all at Carlton Abbey or Saint Mary's.
卡爾頓修道院和圣瑪麗學校根本就不提供職業培訓。
What are the schools like academically?
這些學校在學術方面如何?
How many children go on to university every year?
每年有多少孩子能考上大學?
Well, Enderby High is very good.
恩德比高中很不錯。
And Carlton Abbey even better, 70% of their pupils go on to university.
卡爾頓修道院還要好,70%的學生考上大學。
Donwell isn't so good. Only 8%.
唐維爾不怎么樣,只有8%。
And Enderby Comprehensive and Saint Mary's not much more, about 10%.
恩德比綜合學校和圣瑪麗學校也沒有高出多少,大約10%。
Well, it seems like there is a broad selection of schools.
好吧,這樣看來似乎有很多學校可供選擇。
But we'll have to find out more than statistics before we can decide.
但我們在下決定之前,光找到數據可不夠。