1、go on
繼續做
Unemployment is likely to go on rising this year.
今年的失業人數可能會繼續上升。
I'm all right here. Go on with your work.
我這里很好,你繼續工作吧。
進行;發生
While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.
這場對話進行的時候,我聚精會神地聽著。
I don't know what's going on.
我不知道發生了什么事。
(做完某事后)進而,接著(做另一件事)
Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster.
阿利斯于1969年從高爾夫球界退役,繼而成為一名成功的節目主持人。
She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接著又說她已同加拿大外長就此進行了磋商。
嘮叨,沒完沒了地說(英國英語中作go on at)
Expectations have been raised with the Government going on about choice and market forces.
政府不斷地宣揚選擇權和市場的力量,人們的期望值也因此提高了。
She's always going on at me to have a baby.
她一直嘮叨著要我生個孩子。
2、actually
的確;真實地;事實上
One afternoon, I grew bored and actually fell asleep for a few minutes.
一天下午,我覺得有些無聊,還真的睡著了一小會兒。
Interest is only payable on the amount actually borrowed.
利息只能根據實際借款數目給付。
(引入新話題)其實,說實在的
Well actually, John, I rang you for some advice.
這么說吧,約翰,我給你打電話是想得到些建議。
Actually, let's just read this little bit where you've made them bump into each other.
這樣吧,我們就只讀你讓他們偶遇這一小段吧。