卡洛斯:那你打算在哪里上大學?
Torrie:I've picked Harford University.
托雷:我已經選擇了哈特福德大學。
Carlos:The only Harford University I've heard of is a degree mill.
卡洛斯:我唯一了解到那所大學的是不具備正式學位授與權。
Torrie:I'm sure it's not the same one.
托雷:我敢肯定這所和你那個不一樣。
The Harford University I'm attending is accredited, at least I'm pretty sure it is.
我選擇的哈特福德大學經過了認證,至少我敢肯定。
The best part of going to Harford is I'll never have to attend classes on campus.
而選擇這所學校最棒的是于我不需要去學校上課。
I can do all of my coursework online.
我可以在線學習完所有課程。
Carlos:You want to attend an online university?
卡洛斯:你想在在線大學學習?
There are some legitimate ones that offer good distance education, but many have low admissions standards and don't provide a very good education.
有一些合法的大學提供良好的遠程教育課程,但許多學校標準普遍較低,而且課程質量也不是很好。
Torrie:Not Harford.
托雷:哈特福德就不是這樣。
It's a good degree-granting institution and they even give you credit for relevant life experience.
這所大學有一個很棒的學位授予機制而且他們甚至給你提供相關的生活經驗。
I won't need to take very many courses to graduate.
我不需要很多課程就能畢業。
Carlos:That sounds pretty fishy to me.
卡洛斯:對我來說,這聽起來很可疑。
Torrie:Don't worry.
托雷:別擔心。
My transcript and degree will be indistinguishable from those from a traditional university, without nearly as much work.
我的成績單和學位會同那些一般大學的差不多,而且不需要付出很多就能拿到。
Carlos:That should tell you something. How is their job placement rate?
卡洛斯:這讓我想到一件事。他們的就業率怎么樣?
Torrie:I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll be as competitive as any other college graduate.
托雷:我不是很清楚,但很確定的是我會像其他大學畢業生那樣競爭。
Carlos:If you say so. What are you doing right now?
卡洛斯:如果你這么說的話。你現在在做什么呢?
Torrie:I'm playing a video game stealing cars.
托雷:我正在玩偷汽車的電子游戲。
At Harford, that's considered relevant life experience. Cool, huh?
在哈特福德,這就是相關的生活經驗。很酷,是不是?
Carlos:Yeah, cool.
卡洛斯:是的,太酷了。