Reading You're supposed to write quickly!
閱讀 你應該快點寫!
Can you write in English?
你會用英語寫作嗎?
And can you also write e-mail English?
你會用電子郵件英語嗎?
Maybe not.
或許不會。
E-mail English is a new kind of written English that is being used to save time.
電子郵件英語是一種用于節省時間的新的書面英語寫作方式。
A lot of e-mail English words might look unfamiliar to us- many look like rubbish!
許多電子郵件英語中用的單詞看上去可能是新奇的——許多像是在胡言亂語!
This is because they come from a computer program called ICQ, which means I seek you.
這是因為他們來自于一個叫ICQ的電腦程序,它的意思是“我尋找你”。
ICQ is an e-mail "chatline" that people use to have online conversations with friends.
ICQ是人們用來與朋友網上交談的聊天熱線。
One Canadian teacher says, "People can use their computers to talk to each other.
一位加拿大老師說:人們可以利用電腦與別人交談。
But you are supposed to type quickly so the other person doesn't get bored, so using e-mail English helps you write quickly."
但你要打字快些才能使對方不感到厭倦,因此電子郵件英語可以幫助你寫得更快。
E-mail English mostly uses two types of word.
電子郵件英語大多數用兩種類型的文字。
The first are "abbreviations".
第一種是“縮略詞”。
These are formed by using the first letter of each word in the phrase.
它是由詞組中每個單詞的首字母組成。
For example, BTW means "by the way",and CSL means "can't stop laughing".
例如,BTW意為“順便說”,CSL意為“止不住大笑”。
The second kind of word is a "homophone"- it's created by combining letters and symbols,or numbers, to sound like other words.
第二種是“同音詞”,它是由字母符號、數字組成的,聽起來像別的單詞。
An example of this would be to write "great" as "gr8",or to write" see you later" as "CUl8r".
例如,“great”可以寫成“gr8”,“see you later”可以寫成“CUL8r”。
When you write e-mail English you do not need to use punctuation marks only in the traditional way.
當你寫英文電子郵件時你不需要按傳統方式使用標點。
You are also supposed to use them to show the emotion you are feeling.
你也可以用來表達你的感情。
These are called "emoticons".
它們被叫做“情感符號”。
The advantage of using punctuation marks is that you can make faces with them.
用標點的優點是你可以用它們來做鬼臉。
The most common one is the happy face- it looks like this :)and it is made with a colon and a right bracket beside it.
最常見的是笑臉,它看起來像這樣:),它由一個冒號和它旁邊的一個右括弧組成。
E-mail English is fun -it's almost like writing riddles.
電子郵件英語很有趣的,它幾乎像是寫謎語。
You can learn it easily by yourselves, and experiment with your own ideas.
你能自己輕松地掌握它并嘗試你自己的想法。
It is not rude to write e-mail English, but it is important to use it only at the proper time-when you aree-mailing a friend, or sending a message to a friend on a mobile phone.
寫電子郵件英語并非不無禮,但重要的是只能在合適的時間去寫,當你給朋友發郵件或用手機給朋友發短信時。
But you shouldn't use it in class, and remember your teachers will not be pleased if you write e-mail English in a test!
但你不能在課堂上用,并且要記住如果你在考試中寫電子郵件英語,你的老師會不高興的。