第52周 運動
熒屏情景:
打壁球 片段選自《摩登家庭》第1季第14集 Modern Family S01E14 08:43--09:12
Jay: Hinder! Lucky shot!
杰:防守阻礙!運氣球!
Cam: That is game! And, believe, match.
卡姆:比賽結束!比賽說明一切啊。
Jay: Yep. Fine. You won. But, you know, what do you expect? For the first half the game, I was distracted by what happened in the locker room.
杰:好吧,你贏了。但你知道嗎?比賽前半程,我一直被剛才的事困擾著。
Cam: And you're sure it's not because I'm a fabulous racquetball player?
卡姆:不是因為我的球技非凡?
Jay: You're average, but I was a little thrown by you touching me, which is unnatural. Not to you, of course. No, to you, it's like rocket fuel.
杰:你不過爾爾,我只不過因為你碰到了我很不舒服,多不自然啊。對你來說大概沒什么。不,對你來說應該很開心。
Cam: Oh, sure. When you're gay, you just walk around giving butt bumps to everybody.
卡姆:哦!是啊,你是個同志的話,就會走到哪兒都會想和別人屁股對撞一下。
注:如視頻無法播放,請刷新
重點講解:1. that is
就是說;即;
eg. I am a disappointing, though generally dutiful, student. That is, I do as I'm told.
我雖然總的來說循規蹈矩,但依然是個令人失望的學生,就是說,叫我做什么我就做什么。
eg. It's just the matter of the schedule, that is, if it is convenient for you right now.
這只是時間安排上的問題,就是說,要是您現在方便的話。
2. walk around
四處走動;
eg. He walked around the table touching glasses with all the foreign guests.
他繞桌子走了一圈,和所有的外賓都碰了杯。
eg. She likes to walk around in bare feet.
她喜歡光著腳走來走去。