Practice Time
練習時光
Liz: You're already back from New York. What was your trip like?
利茲:你已經從紐約回來了。旅行怎么樣啊?
John: It was just great.
約翰:棒極了。
Liz: Wasn't it too crowded, busy, and never-racking?
利茲:那里不是又擠、又忙碌、又緊張的嗎?
John: There were many people everywhere even at night. Especially in midtown, Manhattan, everyone seemed to be rushing about everywhere.
約翰:那里甚至在晚上都熙熙攘攘。特別是在市中心曼哈頓,更是人潮滾滾。
Liz: Where did you go in New York?
利茲:你都去了紐約的哪些地方?
John: We visited the Statue of Liberty, the South Street Seaport Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Cloisters.
約翰:我們參觀了自由女神像、南街海港博物館、大都會藝術博物館和修道院博物館。
Liz: Did you go up to the top of the Empire State Building?
利茲:你登帝國大廈了嗎?
John: No, we wanted to, but we ran out of time and had to choose between the Cloisters and the Empire State Building. We ended up agreeing on the Cloisters.
約翰:沒有,我們本來想去,但是時間不夠了,所以不得不在修道院博物館和帝國大廈之間做出選擇。我們最后達成了一致意見去修道院博物館。
Liz: What did you like best?
利茲:你最喜歡哪個地方?
John: Everything was wonderful, but my favorite stop was Washington Square.
約翰:都很棒,不過我最喜歡駐足的地方還是華盛頓廣場。
Liz: It sounds like you really had a wonderful trip, I wish I could go.
利茲:看來你真是度過了一次愉快的旅行。真希望我也能去。