Practice Time
練習時光
Hairdresser: Please take a seat here, Miss. Set or permanent? We give a five percent discount on perm.
理發師:小姐,請這邊坐。是定型還是燙發?燙發我打九五折。
Susan: My permanent is still nice, just shampoo and set this time.
蘇珊:上一次燙的發還很好。這一次就洗一洗定一下型吧。
Hairdresser: How would you like your hair styled today?
理發師:這一次要什么的發型?
Susan: I'm going out for a ball tonight, so I'd like to have my hair done in a rather elegant style.
蘇珊:今晚我要參加一個舞會,所以想把頭發做得高雅一些。
Hairdresser: How about putting it up with bangs in front?
理發師:梳起來前額留劉海式的怎么樣?
Susan: I don't mind it that way, but my boyfriend doesn't like that style too much. He said it made my face look too round.
蘇珊:我倒不在意這樣做,但我男朋友不太喜歡這種樣式。他說那樣會使我的臉看上去太圓。
Hairdresser: What do you have in mind?
理發師:那你想做什么樣的呢?
Susan: Can I see some pictures of the latest hairstyles?
蘇珊:我能看看近期的發型圖片嗎?
Hairdresser: Sure. What about this one? It's very much in vogue now.
理發師:可以。這一款怎么樣?這可是目前非常流行的。
Susan: It's beautiful. Let's try it. Oh, by the way, please make eyelashes look curly.
蘇珊:是漂亮,我們試試吧。哦,對了,請把睫毛弄得看上去卷曲。
Hairdresser: Yes, Miss. Would you like a manicure?
理發師:好的,小姐。你要修指甲嗎?
Susan: Yes. And I'm thinking of trying that purple nail polish to go with my dress.
蘇珊:要的。而且我想試試那種紫色的指甲油來配我的衣服。
(After an hour)
(一個小時以后)
Hairdresser: Now we are done. How do you like it?
理發師:好啦。你覺得怎么樣?
Susan: That's super. I wouldn't even know myself.
蘇珊:好極了。我都認不出我自己了。
Hairdresser: I'm delighted that you're satisfied. You must be a knockout in the ball. I hope you'll have a wonderful time then.
理發師:你滿意我很高興。舞會上你一定會非常迷人的。希望你玩得快樂。
Susan: I'm sure I will. Thank you for the beautiful hairdo.
蘇珊:肯定會的。謝謝你漂亮的發型制作。