重點講解:
1. introduce sb. to sb.
介紹;引薦;使相互認識;
eg. Emboldened by the wine, he went over to introduce himself to her.
他借酒壯膽,走上前去向她作自我介紹。
eg. She introduced me to her friend.
她把我介紹給她的朋友。
2. as long as
只要;
eg. My mistake won't be discovered as long as nobody tells on me.
只要沒人告發我,我的錯誤就不會被發現。
eg. As long as you can keep away from them, you're safe.
只要你離他們遠一點,你就會安全。
3. a whole lot of
很多的;許多許多的;
eg. And that should save a whole lot of power.
這樣應該可以節省很多能量。
eg. It takes a whole lot of guts to quit a high paying job.
辭去一份高薪的工作真的需要很大的勇氣。
4. without meaning to
無意;
eg. Because many times we hurt people spiellings or do the wrong thing without meaning to.
因為我們常因言辭或不當行為無意傷害到別人。
eg. You might offend people without meaning to.
你可能會無意間開罪人。
5. take advantage of
占…的便宜;欺騙;捉弄;
eg. It never occurred to me to take advantage of him.
我決沒有想到過要占他的便宜。
eg. Some people will take advantage of you, but most will not.
有些人會利用你,但是大多數不會。
6. gold digger
拜金女;淘金者;
eg. She is gold digger,if you have money everything will be all right.
她是個淘金女郎,只要你有錢,一切都行。
eg. Growing male frustrations have given rise to a new female archetype gold-digger.
越來越多受挫折的男性已經催生出新一代女性形象:拜金女。
n. 優勢,有利條件
vt. 有利于