第23周 在醫院
熒屏情景:
星期二 看病 片段選自《摩登家庭》第1季第6集 Modern Family S01E06 11:47--12:57
Doctor Miura: Hi. I'm Dr. Miura. I'm on call today. Looks like we have a little head bump.
三浦醫生:嗨,我是三浦醫生。我今天值班,看起來有個撞頭事件。
Mitchell: Yeah, it happened a couple hours ago on a doorjamb.
米歇爾:是啊,幾小時前撞到了門框上。
Doctor Miura: Oh, ouch.
三浦醫生:哎喲。
Mitchell: We used to do this thing in school, where they would give you an egg, and you...you know, you couldn't break it. And it was supposed to teach you how hard it was to be a parent. But... The real thing, it's...it's...it's so much harder.
米歇爾:在學校時,我們曾學過這個。他們給你個雞蛋,你不能打爛它,這是教我們做父母有多么艱難。但是……真做了才發現,要難很多很多。
Cam: We did that in my school, too. It didn't turn out so well. Went through a dozen eggs.
卡姆:我們學校也有。但結果不怎么好,用掉了一打雞蛋。
Mitchell: Yeah, well, he's a nervous eater.
米歇爾:呃,他一緊張就猛吃的。
Cam: No, I broke a dozen eggs.
卡姆:不是,我打碎了一打雞蛋。
Mitchell: Oh. I'm sorry. I just assumed that...
米歇爾:哦,對不起,我剛以為……
Cam: I know. I know what you assumed.
卡姆:我知道。我知道你在想什么。
Doctor Miura: There doesn't seem to be any mark.
三浦醫生:看不到有什么傷痕。
Cam: Well, her head was... Somewhat protected.
卡姆:呃,她頭有東西保護著。
Doctor Miura: Protected? Was she wearing a hat?
三浦醫生:保護?她戴著帽子么?
Mitchell: Yes, yes. It was like a hat.
米歇爾:是啊,算是頂帽子吧。
Cam: It was a wig. Actually, sort of a ghetto-fabulous afro thing. I thought it might be medically relevant.
卡姆:是頂假發,一頂非洲爆炸假發。我怕會有什么醫學上的聯系嘛。
Mitchell: Really? You though "ghetto-fabulous" might be medically relevant?
米歇爾:是嗎?你覺得“爆炸頭”會有醫學上的聯系?
Doctor Miura: Maybe I should just finish with the exam?
三浦醫生:讓我先檢查完,好吧?
Cam: Yes. Thanks. You'll be pleased to know that Mitchell and I intend on raising Lily with influences from her Asian heritage.
卡姆:嗯,謝謝。我想你知道的話會很高興的,米歇爾和我打算用亞洲傳統來養育莉莉。