第23周 在醫院
熒屏情景:
星期五 申請出院 片段選自《姐姐的守護者》 My Sister's Keeper 01:06:17--01:07:17
Doctor: How's our girl?
醫生:孩子怎么樣?
Dad: Well, she wants to go to the beach.
爸爸:哦,她想去海灘。
Doctor: The beach, huh? I'm not sure that's a bad idea. She is not gonna be any sicker at the beach than she is here. It might even be good for her.
醫生:海灘,嗯?我并不覺得這是個壞主意。反正她在海灘也不會比在這兒病得更嚴重?;蛟S對她還有益處。
Dad: Not too dangerous then, huh?
爸爸:不會太危險吧,是嗎?
Doctor: I don't think so. She was dialyzed yesterday and she has no scheduled treatments until Friday.
醫生:我想不會。她昨天透析了,在星期五之前沒有預定的治療計劃。
Dad: Um, how do I do this? I mean, just get her up and walk her out of here or...
爸爸:嗯,我該怎么做?我是說,就是扶她起來走出這兒還是……
Doctor: Discharge her for the day. The insurance company will definitely not approve this... so we'll have to re-admit through emergency. But if she happened to be there at... let's say 7:00... I just might be there to meet her.
醫生:臨時出院一天,保險公司肯定不會同意。所以我們要通過急診部再次接受入院。但是要是她在,假若,七點前回來的話,我會去接她。
Dad: Okay.
爸爸:好的。
Doctor: It's one day.
醫生:就一天。
Doctor: Kate's been through the wringer, so if it's not gonna make her any worse... I say take the kid to the beach.
醫生:凱特已經備受煎熬,事情還能有多糟。帶她去海灘吧。