重點講解:
1. ask sb. sth.
詢問某人某事;
eg. I asked him his name.
我詢問了他的名字。
eg. Hey, can I just ask you something?
嘿,問你點事好嗎?
2. back up
備份(文件);
eg. Make a point of backing up your files at regular intervals.
一定要定期備份文件。
eg. I get so annoyed when I lose work because I've forgotten to back it up.
當我因為忘了備份把完成的工作弄丟時,真是懊惱極了。
3. I can't tell you
(用來強調所說的話)我沒法形容……
eg. I can't tell you how glad I was to leave that place.
我無法形容自己離開那個地方心里有多高興。
eg. We have a lot of work to do, and I can't tell you how happy I am that we've finally, finally got to this point.
我們有許多工作要做,我們最終獲勝,我難以表達我有多么高興。
4. appreciate sb. doing
感謝某人做某事;
eg. I really appreciate you coming over to help me with my math.
我真的很感謝你過來幫我補習數學。
eg. Please contact me with any questions, and I appreciate you taking the time to look.
如有任何問題請聯系我,感謝您抽出時間看。
5. on short notice
忽然,急忙;
eg. We had to set out on short notice.
一接到通知,我們就出發了。
eg. Although I had been invited to the opening ceremony, I was unable to attend on such short notice.
雖然我已經被邀請參加開幕式,但是時間這么倉促我還是沒能去成。