As you know, I attended the annual marketing conference in Manchester last week.
如你所知,我上周參加了曼徹斯特的年度市場營銷會議。
As always, it was very useful.
一如既往,這很有用。
There were some first rate seminars and presentations.
有一些一流的研討會和演講。
I was particularly impressed by a talk on internet advertising.
我對網絡廣告的演講印象深刻。
In fact, I plan to ask the speaker to come and do a workshop for our staff here.
事實上,我打算邀請演講者來這里為我們的員工做一個研討會。
Her name's Susan Hill some of you may have heard of her - she writes regularly for a number of business magazines.
她的名字叫蘇珊希爾,一些人可能聽說過她,她定期為一些商業雜志供稿。
Conferences are not just about seminars and workshops, though.
但是,會議不僅僅有研討會和講習班。
In fact, I'd say that for most people, and I include myself, probably the most important part of any conference are the new contacts you make.
事實上,我想說的是,對大多數人來說,包括我自己在內,所有會議中最重要的部分可能就是你所建立的新關系。
One very useful person I met at the Manchester conference was a man called Harry Baxter, from a company in Glasgow.
我在曼徹斯特會議上遇到一個非常有用的人,他叫哈里·巴克斯特,來自格拉斯哥的一家公司。
He'd already heard of our video cameras and wanted to know more about them.
他已經聽過我們的攝像機,想了解更多有關攝像機的信息。
Anyway, he's interested in placing an order for them with us; he'll be confirming that in the next couple of days.
總之,他有意向向我們訂購;他會在接下來的幾天內確認。
I also met two people from an American firm called Bentley High Tech.
我還遇到了兩名來自美國賓利高科技公司的員工。
They're a major supplier to stores all over the USA. Their headquarters are in New York.
他們是美國各地商店的主要供應商,總部設在紐約。
They seem really impressed by what we're doing.
他們似乎對我們的所作所為印象深刻。
In fact, one of them intends to come over to spend a few days with us in October.
事實上,他們其中一個打算在十月的時候過來跟我們待幾天。
He might like to see something of our manufacturing process and production capacity, though I think he's mainly interested in discounts.
他可能想了解一下我們的制造工藝和生產能力,不過我想他主要對折扣感興趣。
If all goes well, this could lead to a really major contract for us.
如果一切順利,這將為我們帶來一份真正重要的合同。
One of the other aspects of the conference that ...
會議的另一個方面……