重點講解:
1. no sooner...than...
剛…就;常放在句首,表示強調,這時主句要倒裝;
eg. No sooner had he arrived in Rome than he was kidnapped.
他剛到羅馬就遭到了綁架。
eg. No sooner had we left the village than it began to rain.
我們剛離開村子,天就下起雨來了。
2. burst out
突然…起來;突然說出;大聲喊出;突然出現;突然發生;
eg. The class burst out laughing.
全班突然大笑起來。
eg. 'I want to be just like you', she bursts out.
“我想就像你一樣。”她大聲喊道。
eg. Then war burst out.
戰爭突然爆發。
3. as soon as
一…就…;
eg. As soon as relations improve they will be allowed to go...
一旦關系有所改善,他們就可以獲準離開。
eg. You'll never guess what happened as soon as I left my room.
你怎么也猜不出我一離開房間就發生了什么事。
4. calm down
(使)平靜下來;(使)鎮定下來;(使)平定;平息;
eg. Calm down for a minute and listen to me.
你安靜一會兒,聽我說。
eg. We will go back to normal when things calm down.
事態平息之后,我們將一切如常。
adj. 尷尬的,局促不安的,拮據的