重點講解:
1. act out
將…表演出來
eg. I used to come home and act out the movie for the kids.
以前到家后,我會把電影內容再表演給孩子們看。
eg. All the classmates burst into laughter when David acted out the episode.
當戴維表演完那段插曲時,全班同學都捧腹大笑。
2. point out
指點;指明;指出,說出(事實或錯誤);
eg. They'd already driven along the wharf so that she could point out her father's boat.
他們已經開車沿碼頭走了一遍,好讓她指出哪艘是她父親的船。
eg. I should point out that these estimates cover just the hospital expenditures.
我應該指出,這些估算僅包括醫院的費用。
3. live out
實踐;身體力行;度過余生;
eg. He began living out his rock 'n' roll fantasy during his last year in law school.
在法學院的最后一年,他開始著手實踐自己的搖滾夢想。
eg. I suppose some people create an idea of who they want to be, and then they live it out.
我想有些人會先設定好自己要成為什么樣的人,然后身體力行。
eg. Gein did not stand trial but lived out his days in a mental asylum.
蓋因沒有受審,但在一家精神病院度過了余生。
4. pretend to do sth.
假裝做某事;
eg. Sometimes the boy pretended to be asleep.
有時這個男孩會假裝睡著了。
eg. Don't pretend to know [understand] when you don't.
不要不懂裝懂。
adj. 精神的,腦力的,精神錯亂的
n. 精