特別聲明
該節目由可可原創,講解部分由可可簽約編輯編寫。
視頻出處
以下視頻片段選自《唐頓莊園》第一季第二集。
影視片花
中英對白
You might as well bear witness to my shame.
我也無需藏著掖著了
He turned up in the village with no warning some days ago.
他幾天前 突然來到村里
On the run. Asking for somewhere to hide and, of course, for money.
在逃 要找地方藏身 當然 還要錢
God in heaven.
我的天
He is wanted for some petty crime, of which he is, of course, guilty.
他因一些輕罪被通緝 不用說 肯定是他干的
Here, steady on.
行了 打住
He threatened to expose my past to make me a laughing stock in this house.
他威脅要揭露我的過去 讓我成為這個家庭的笑柄
And in my vanity and pride, I gave him what he wanted.
出于自尊與虛榮 我滿足了他
You did not!
你才沒
I put him in an empty cottage and fed him from the kitchens.
我把他藏進空農舍 從廚房拿了吃的
I couldn't buy food in the village - it would raise to many questions.
沒去村里買食物 怕引起懷疑
I stole. I'm a thief. She...saw it.
我行竊了 我是個賊 她看見了
I've never have said anything, Mr...
我什么也沒說
And now my disgrace is complete.
現在 我顏面盡失
My lord, you have my resignation.
老爺 我這就請辭
Really, Carson, there's no need to be quite so melodramatic.
Carson 沒必要如此夸張
You're not playing Sidney Carton.
這又不是在演Sidney Carton