日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 托福 > 托福聽力 > 托福聽力真題聽寫 > 正文

托福TPO-05 Conversation 1

編輯:mike ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Narrator:Listen to a conversation between a student and a counselor at the University Counseling Center.

獨白:請聽一段在大學指導中心學生和指導老師之間的對話。
Student:Hi, thanks for seeing me in such short notice.
學生:您好,謝謝您來見我,通知的很臨時,抱歉。
Counselor:No problem. How can I help?
指導老師:沒問題,有什么需要幫忙的嗎?
Student:Well, I think I might have made a mistake coming to the school.
學生:恩,我想來這個學校上學是我做的一個錯誤決定。
Counselor:What makes you say that?
指導老師:怎么這么說?
Student:I'm a little overwhelmed by the size of this place.
學生:這個地方對我來說有一點大了。
I come from a small town.
我來自一個小城鎮。
There were only 75 of us in my high school graduating class.
我所畢業的高中,只有 75 個學生。
Everyone knew everyone.
每個人都互相熟識。
We all grew up together.
我們一起長大。
Counselor:So it's a bit of a culture shock for you?
指導老師:就是說你受到了文化沖擊?
Being one of 15,000 students on a big campus in an unfamiliar city?
在一個陌生城市的一所陌生大學校園和 15000名學生一起?
Student:That's an understatement.
學生:還不止這些。
I just can't get comfortable in class or in the dorms.
不管是教室里還是宿舍我都感到不自在。
You know, socially.
你知道,社交方面的問題。
Counselor:Um…well, let's start with the academics.
指導老師:嗯,好吧。我們先從學習說起,
Tell me about you classes.
跟我說說你上課如何?
Student:I'm taking mostly introductory courses and some are taught in these huge lecture halls.
學生:我現在正在上一些入門課程,而有些是在大講堂里面進行的。
Counselor:And you are having trouble in keeping pace with the material?
指導老師:你跟不上課程內容嗎?
Student:No, in fact I got an A on my first economics paper.
學生:不是的,事實上,我的第一篇經濟學論文拿到了 A 的成績。
It's just that, it's so impersonal, I'm not used to it.
問題就是我感到不公平,我很不適應。
Counselor:Are your classes impersonal?
指導老師:你的課不公平嗎?
Student:No, it's just that…for example, in sociology yesterday, the professor asked a question, so I raised my hand, several of us raised our hands.
學生:不是,就是...比如說,昨天上的社會學課上,教授問了個問題,我就舉手回答,我們中幾個同學都舉手了。
And I kept my hand up because I did the reading and knew the answer.
我一直把手舉著,因為我溫習過知道答案,
But the professor just answered his own question and continued with the lecture.
但是教授自己把問題答了后繼續講課。
Counselor:Well, in a big room it's possible he didn't notice you.
指導老師:嗯,上課是大教室,他有可能沒注意到你。
Maybe he was starting to save time.
或許他想節省時間,
In either case I wouldn't take it personally.
不管怎么說,我個人不認同你說的。
Student:I suppose.
學生:我想是吧。
But I just don't know how to, you know, distinguish myself.
但我就是不知道,你清楚的,把自己跟其他人區分開來。
Counselor:Why not stop by his office during office hours?
指導老師:為什么不試試在辦公時間去他辦公室談談?
Student:That wouldn't seem right.
學生:這種做法似乎不妥。
You know, taking time from other students who need help?
你知道的,占用其他有需要的學生的時間。
Counselor:Don't say that. That's what office hours are for.
指導老師:別這么說,這就是為什么我們要有辦公時間的原因。
There is no reason you couldn't pop in to say hi and to make yourself known.
如果說你不能偶爾到辦公室拜訪他道聲老師好,這是說不通的。
If you are learning a lot in class, let the professor know.
如果你在課堂上學了很多,那就讓那授知道。
Wouldn't you appreciate positive feedback if you were a professor?
如果你是教授,你難道不喜歡積極的回饋嗎?
Student:You are right. That's a good idea.
學生:你說的對,這是個好主意。
Counselor:OK, er…let's turn to your social life. How's it going in the dorms?
指導老師:好的,呃。現在說說你的社交生活,宿舍的生活怎樣?
Student:I don't have much in common with my roommate or anyone else I've met so far.
學生:我跟室友和任何在這里遇到的人沒有很多共通的地方。
Everyone's into sports and I'm more artsy, you know, into music. I play the cello.
每個人都喜歡體育,而我比較傾向藝術方面,像是玩音樂,我能演奏大提琴。
Counselor:Hah, have you been playing long?
指導老師:哈。你彈大提琴時間很久嗎?
Student:Since age ten. It's a big part of my life.
學生:十歲開始。這是我生活中很重要的一部分,
At home I was the youngest member of our community orchestra.
在我家那邊,我是我們社區管弦樂隊中最年輕的一位。
Counselor:You are not going to believe this.
指導老師:你肯定不相信,
There is a string quartet on campus, all students.
我們學校有一個弦樂四重奏樂團,都是學生。
And it so happened that the cellist graduated last year.
而演奏大提琴的那個學生去年畢業了,
They've been searching high and low for a replacement, someone with experience.
他們一直到處找一個能演奏的人頂替他的位置。
Would you be interested in auditioning?
你有興趣去面試一下嗎?
Student:Absolutely.
學生:當然,
I wanted to get my academic work settled before pursuing my music here.
我要在追求我的音樂夢想之前完成我的學業任務。
But I think this would be a good thing for me.
但我想這是一件好事。
I guess if I really want to fit in here I should find people who love music as much as I do. Thank you.
我想如果我真想適應這里的生活的話,我應該認識那些和我一樣喜愛音樂的人。謝謝。
Counselor:My pleasure.
指導老師:很樂意幫忙。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 絕對地,完全地;獨立地

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社會的,社交的
n. 社交聚會

 
orchestra ['ɔ:kistrə]

想一想再看

n. 管弦樂隊

聯想記憶
impersonal [im'pə:sənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不受個人感情影響的,冷淡的,沒有人情味的,非特

聯想記憶
understatement [ʌndə'steitmənt]

想一想再看

n. 少說,有保留地陳述,輕描淡寫

 
counselor ['kaunsələ]

想一想再看

n. 顧問,參事,法律顧問 =counsellor

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 會話,談話

聯想記憶
replacement [ri'pleismənt]

想一想再看

n. 更換,接替者

 
string [striŋ]

想一想再看

n. 線,一串,字串
vt. 串起,成串,收緊

 
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社區,社會,團體,共同體,公眾,[生]群落

聯想記憶
?
    閱讀本文的人還閱讀了:
  • 托福TPO-04 Lecture 3 2013-07-14
  • 托福TPO-04 Lecture 4 2013-07-15
  • 托福TPO-05 Lecture 1 2013-07-17
  • 托福TPO-05 Lecture 2 2013-07-18
  • 托福TPO-05 Conversation 2 2013-07-19
  • 發布評論我來說2句

      最新文章

      可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

      添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
      添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
      主站蜘蛛池模板: 中转停留| 日本大片网址| 退社申请书800字| 我们的母亲叫中国读后感| 后悔造句二年级| 理发店电影| 章莹| 速度与激情 电影| 教育部全国青少年普法网答案| 红色一号电影| 日韩在线激情| 操蛋视频| 描写动物的成语| 寄宿生韩国电影| 双重欲望| 浪客剑心星霜篇| 新红楼梦电影| 电影继父| 黑木美纱| 祈今朝电视剧免费观看完整版| 小学生版《三国演义》| 陈浩民演的电视剧大全| 暮光之城1高清完整版| 薛昊婧演过的电视剧| 动漫秀场| 特殊争夺29集电视连续剧免费观看| 台湾电影网| 恶搞之家一共有几季| 小姐与流氓| 吉泽明步电影| 吃什么皮肤白的最快| 邪教档案| 最后的朋友| 女公安毛片免费观看| 苏捷斯卡战役 电影| 新爱情乐园| 我不是教主漫画免费下拉式| 汪汪队天天图片| 浪客剑心星霜篇| 97理伦| 孙兴电影|