How can you compare pagan mythology to the true word?
你怎么能把異教徒的神話與真理混為一談?
Pretty damn closely, I’d say.
要我說 是挺像的
The early christian leaders,
早期的天主教領袖
They threw away hebrew manuscripts
剔除了希伯來語手稿
And borrowed from pagan sources all over the place.
用異教的故事改頭換面
Do you realize how...
你有沒有意識到
Inconsiderately you’re treating my feelings?
多么藐視我的感受?
About as inconsiderately as we’re treating john’s.
我們也同樣藐視John的感受
Well, he doesn’t believe what he’s saying!
他自己都不相信!
do you believe literally everything in the bible, edith?
你相信《圣經》里的每一個字嗎 伊迪斯?
Yes!
是的!
Before you say it,
在你說之前
I know it’s undergone a lot of changes,
我知道它也被修改過很多次
But god has spoken through man
但上帝需要通過人
To make his word clearer.
來把他要傳遞的東西說清楚
He couldn’t get it right the first time?
難道他不能第一次就說清楚嗎?
We’re imperfect! He had to work to make us understand.
我們是有瑕疵的!他需要努力讓我們明白
He couldn’t get us right the first time, edith?
他不能第一次讓我們明白嗎?伊迪斯?