I asked him what he wanted and he said, I'll take a glass of rum.
我問他要點什么,他說:我要一杯朗姆酒。
But before I could fetch it ,he told me to come near him.
我正要去取酒,他把我叫過去。
Is this table for my old friend Bill?
桌上的早餐是不是為我的老朋友比爾準備的?
the stranger asked, with a terrible smile.
他獰笑著問道。
I told him I did not know his friend Bill and the breakfast was for a man who was staying at the inn.
我告訴他我不知道他的朋友比爾是誰,早餐是為住在店里的一位客人準備的。
We call him the captain,I said.
我們都管他叫老船長,我說。
Does he have a sword cut on his face?he asked.
他臉上有一道劍傷嗎?他問。
Yes,I said.
是的,我說。
That's Bill,said the stranger.Is he here?
他就是比爾,他說。他在這兒嗎?
I told him the captain was out walking, and the man waited ,like a cat waiting for a mouse.
我告訴他老船長出去散步了,然后他就等著,像貓在等老鼠一樣。