特別聲明:
該節目由可可原創,部分對白由可可該譯。
視頻出處:
本期視頻出于《唐頓莊園》第一季第一集。
影視片花:
中英對白:
Violet: Unfortunately, now...
可是不幸的是,現在......
Cora: Now a complete unknown man has the right to pocket my money along with the rest of the swag!
一個陌生人倒有權拿走我的錢和其余的家產。
Violet: The problem is——saving your dowry would break up the estate.
問題是保住你的財產,就會丟掉這莊園。
It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to.
那Robert一生的心血就全毀了。
Cora: And he knows this?
他清楚這些嗎?
他若不知,以后便會明白。
Cora: Then there's no answer.
那還是沒有辦法。
Violet: Yes, there is, and it's a simple one. The entail must be smashed in its entirety and Mary, recognised as heiress of all.
有辦法,很簡單——打破限定繼承,徹底取消,Mary繼承全部家產。
Cora: There's nothing we can do about the title.
爵位還是無法保住。
Violet: No, she can't have the title. But she can have your money and the estate.
沒錯,她不能繼承爵位,但她會保住你的錢,還有這個莊園。
Violet: I didn't run Downton for 30 years to see it go, lock, stock and barrel to a stranger from God knows where.
我苦心經營唐頓30年,可不是為了讓不知打哪兒鉆出來的人一鍋端。
Cora: Are we to be friends, then?
那我們是朋友了?
Violet: We are allies, my dear. which can be a good deal more effective.
親愛的,我們是同盟,同盟辦事效率更高。