用什么給幸福標價呢?
You don't need millions to be happy.
幸福不需要很多錢。
At The Happiness Institute in Australia, a couple of hundred dollars may do the trick.
在澳大利亞“幸福學院”,花幾百美元可能就能得到幸福。
Since the institute opened its doors this year, men and women of all ages have been paying A$200 an hour (US$140) for lessons in how to feel great.
自從今年學院開業以來,男女老少每小時花200澳元(相當于140美元)可以學習《如何感覺很棒》課程。
Businesses are spending as much as A$6,000 on half-day happiness workshops for their staff.
一些企業花費6000澳元讓自己的員工來這里參加半天的幸福講習班。
"You can actually increase your happiness levels. That's what we teach," said Timothy Sharp, founder of institute, which also offers group sessions from A$30 a head.
“實際上你能讓自己更快樂些,那是我們想要傳授的,”學院創始人蒂莫西·夏普說。該學院還開設了每人30澳元的團體課程。
"We take people from zero and try to put a positive in their happiness bank account.
夏普說:“我們把剛加入課程的人的‘幸福帳戶’設為零,并努力使它增加為正數。
You don't have to settle just for OKness. It's no more OK than having a zero bank balance.
你不必結算賬戶,沒什么比賬戶為零更少的了。
You can have a lot more." Sharp said.
你可以有更多的幸福。”
Experts say only about 15 percent of happiness comes from income, assets and other financial factors.
專家說只有15%的幸福感來自收入,資產和其他經濟因素。
As much as 90 percent comes from elements such as attitude, life control and relationships.
多達90%的幸福感決定于個人的態度,生活節制以及人際關系。
"If you're not a natural in any of these areas you can learn to get a lot better at them." Sharp said.
夏普說:“如果你在這些因素上沒有做好,你可以改善,從而收獲更多幸福感。”
詞匯講解:
do the trick 獲得成功
相關短語:
do the trick 解決問題
do the trick for 對……有用
do the trick for somebody 或許對某人有用
eg. If your friends are too busy to meet for lunch, a short phone call can do the trick.要是你的朋友太忙而無法一起吃午飯,一個簡短的電話也能起到很好的效果。
eg. If you have yet to take that advice to heart, maybe knowing that they prevent wrinkles will do the trick.如果你沒有認真聽取這種意見,也許會覺得什么防止皺紋等說法只是一個惡作劇。