1. 表示習慣
You should cultivate the habit of listening to what you are told.
你應該養成聽話的習慣。
I need to get into the habit of getting up earlier in the mornings.
我必須養成每天早晨早起的習慣。
He used to stop in at the nearby pub to wet his whistle before going on shift.
他上班前總習慣順便在附近的酒吧喝點酒。
It's a habit of theirs.
這是他們的一種習慣。
getting used to the cold weather; was used to driving a small car.
開始習慣寒冷的天氣;過去慣常開一輛小車。
You will soon get accustomed to the climate here.
你會很快習慣這里的氣候的。
He is used to flying in a monoplane.
他習慣于坐單翼機飛行。
He assumed the customs of his new country.
他接受了民國的風俗習慣。
In Chinese, the iron box is conventionally called the mainframe.
在中文里,這個箱子被習慣地稱為主機。
If any habits ever had time to fix upon her, they would have operated here.
假如她以前曾有時間形成一定的習慣的話,在這種場合習慣會起作用。
Grammatically, it is all right, but it is not quite idiomatic.
從語法上看,這句話不錯,但是它不太符合英語的習慣。
2. 表示麻煩
John, if you don't learn how to keep your nose clean, you're going to end up in jail.
約翰,如果你再惹是生非,你總有一天會坐牢的。
Let sleeping dog lie.
別惹麻煩。
My brother is ill-tempered, and always stirs up trouble.
我弟弟的脾氣很暴躁,常惹是生非。
Don't always try to start something when everything is running smoothly.
當一切都進行得很順利時,不要總想惹是生非。
Don't trouble troubles till trouble troubles you!
不要自找麻煩,除非麻煩來找你。
Don't ask for trouble. You'd better run away.
你最好還是走吧,別自找麻煩!
He hasn't made a lot of changes to the team since taking over as head coach, figuring if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
他當主教練之后,并未對該隊做什么大改變,可能他是覺得“沒事不要亂動”吧。
I don't want to make trouble, but I have a few suggestions that could make things work more smoothly.
我不是想惹是生非,只是想提幾個建議使事情更順利地進行。
Don't go looking for trouble.
別沒事找事。
n. 口哨,汽笛,廠笛,嘯嘯聲,用于召喚或發布命令的哨聲