To remind us there is something...
時時提醒我們。
above us.
上面有人類的主宰。
I like that.
我喜歡那樣想。
I'm going to temple.
我要去(猶太)教堂。
You're not going to temple.
別去!
You go to temple more than the rabbi.
你比牧師去得還勤。
Get off my back, woman.
你這女人少管我的事。
God, will you ever wise up?
老天!你什么時候才能清醒點兒?
Yuri, don't forget to check
尤里,別忘了去看一看。
the specials at the Palace.
皇宮酒店的特價。
Growing up in Little Odessa,
在小奧德薩長大。
murder was everyday part of life.
人殺人是家常便飯。
Russian mobsters had also migrated.
俄羅斯黑幫。
from the Soviet Union.
也從蘇聯移民到了這里。
and when they came to America,
而且他們來美國時。
their baggage came with them.
還帶著家伙呢。
There was always some gangster.
社區里。
getting whacked in my neighborhood,
每天都有些幫派份子斗毆。
but I'd never seen it with my own eyes.
只是我從沒親眼見過。
I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down,
每次我總是早五分鐘。
or five minutes after.
或晚五分鐘。
Not that day.
但那天不一樣。
It hit me.
這一槍打醒了我。
It couldn't have hit me harder
槍打中他們帶給我更大的震撼。
if I was the one who'd been shot.
就像打在我身上一樣。
You go into the restaurant business...
你開飯館。
because people are always going to have to eat.
是因為人總是要吃飯。
That was the day I realized my destiny...
就是那天,我意識到我的命運。
...lay in fulfilling another basic human need.
是為了提供人們的另一種生活必需品。