For the first twenty-odd years of my life...
在我生命的前二十幾年里。
Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train...
小奧德薩對我來說 就像對這列火車一樣。
...the end of the line.
是終點站。
Oh, I did lie about my name.
哦,關于我的名字,我剛撒了個謊。
It's not really Yuri Orlov.
其實并不是尤里·奧洛夫。
There've been few occasions in the in the 20th century...
在20世紀的某些時候。
when it's been an advantage be a Jew.
做個猶太人是有好處的。
But in the 'seventies, to escape the Soviet Union,
70年代我們全家為了逃離蘇聯。
our family pretended to be Jewish.
就偽裝成猶太人。
Little about my life has been kosher ever since
從此我就活得不怎么好。
How's it going, brother?
老哥,你好嗎?
It's not.
不怎么樣。
That's Vitaly, my younger brother.
這是維塔利,我弟弟。
He was as lost as me.
他和我一樣,對生命感到迷惘。
He didn't know it yet.
只是他現在還不知道罷了。
Yuri,
尤里。
you're late.
你遲到了。
My father took his assumed identity to heart.
我父親很快地就把 這偽裝的身份當真了。
He was more Jewish than most Jews.
他比很多猶太人更猶太。
Which drove my Catholic mother crazy.
這使我信天主教的母親很生氣。
How many times?
說過多少次啦?
I can't eat shellfish.
我不能吃貝類。
It's treyf.
不圣潔。
You're not Jewish.
你不是猶太人。
I like it.
但我喜歡這樣。
I like the hat.
我喜歡帽子。