The Exhibition
展覽會
“That was exhilarating,” Jessica said.
“真令人興奮,”杰西卡說,
“It was an expansive display of Asian artifacts.
“這是亞洲手工制品一次全面的展出。
Professor Jones exhibited all of the items he uncovered during his last expedition.
瓊斯教授展出了他上次考察中發現的所有物品。
His expertise in anthropology is second to none.
他人類學的專門知識無人能比。
What do you think about him?”
你認為他怎么樣?”
“I think he's a bit eccentric,” Teddy said.
“我想他有點怪。”泰迪說,
“I heard he spent an exorbitant amount of money on his last journey.
“我聽說他上次旅行花錢太多了,
I also heard that the government of that country wanted to expel him for digging up exotic plants.”
還有由于他挖掘了珍奇植物那個國家的政府要驅逐他。”
“Yes, but he was quickly exonerated,” Jessica replied.
“是的,但他很快就被定為無罪。”杰西卡回答,
“Apparently, the rules were not explicit enough.
“從表面上看,那國的規定表達的不夠清楚。
Next month, he is going on another expedition to Africa.
下個月他又要去非洲考察。
There are expanses of grasslands and deserts that have yet to be explored.
那里有待開發的廣闊的草地和沙漠。
I think Professor Jones might find it expedient to bring a volunteer like me on his trip.
我想瓊斯教授可能會發現旅途中帶著像我這樣的志愿者對他更有利。
However, my passport expired last year.
但是,我的護照去年就到期了。
I don't know if the passport office will expedite my request for a renewal.”
我不知道護照辦是否能為我加速辦理展期?”
“The passport office is pretty expeditious when it comes to handling renewals,” Teddy said.
“在辦理展期方面,護照辦人員是很迅速的。”泰迪說,
“I've also heard that they expanded their operations.
“我還聽說他們拓展了業務范圍。
I do not think you will have a problem.
我想你沒問題。
However, we will have a problem getting to our car if we do not head towards the exit now.
但是,如果我們不現在就往出口走,就很難出門開車回去了。
When the exhibition ends in a few minutes, there's going to be an exodus of people from this building.”
展覽會幾分鐘后結束時,會有大批的人涌出這座大樓。”
“You're right.” Jessica said.
“對,”杰西卡說,
“I can already sense the expansion of the crowd.
“我已經能察覺出人群在膨脹。
In a moment, people are going to be an exodus of people from this building.”
片刻之后,人們擠出大樓時,這里會有人口爆炸。”
Teddy grabbed Jessica's hand and they both started running towards the exit. “Let's get out of here while we still can.”
“讓我們趁早離開這里。”泰迪抓起杰西卡的手,二人開始朝出口跑去。