William Parcher.
我是威廉·帕徹
Big brother,
你所謂的老大
at your service.
在此聽候你的吩咐
What can I do for the Department of Defense?
我能為國防部做些什么?
Are you going to to give me a raise?
你是來替我加薪的嗎?
Let's take a walk.
咱們散散步
Impressive work at the Pentagon. -Yes, it was.
你在五角大樓的工作讓人欽佩 -的確如此
Oppenheimer used to say,
原子彈之父常說
"Genius sees the answer before the question."
"天才 在問題發生前就已找到解答"
You knew Oppenheimer?
你認識奧本海默?
His project was under my supervision.
他的計劃 就在我的監督之下進行的
Which project?
哪個計劃?
That project.
喔 那個計劃
It's not that simple, you know?
其實并不簡單
Well, you ended the war.
可是你們仍然結束了戰爭
We incinerated 150,000 people in a heartbeat.
我們殺死十五萬人
Great deeds come at great cost, Mr. Parcher.
要有犧牲才能完成偉業
Well, conviction, it turns out,
可是對旁觀者而言
is a luxury of those on the sidelines, Mr. Nash.
卻不應該隨便去斷罪
I'll try and keep that in mind.
我會試著去記住它
So, John, no family,
據我所知你沒家人
no close friends...
也沒好友
Why is that?
怎么會這樣子?
I like to think it's because I'm a lone wolf.
我寧愿想成自己是個獨行俠
But mainly it's because people don't like me.
但主要原因是人們不喜歡我
Well, there are certain endeavors
妙的是 由于你缺少人際關系
where your lack of personal connection
在這里
would be considered an advantage.
卻成為你的一大長處
This is a secure area.
這里是管制區
They know me.
他們認識我