UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs
第六單元 為就業做好準備
Lesson 46: Get a Good Education
第46課: 接受良好的教育
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Which of these would you most like to have: a car,a house or a good job?
你最想擁有這些東西的哪個:一輛汽車、一棟房子、一份工作?
Do you think a good education is important?
你認為良好的教育重要嗎?
Why or why not? What's Jack Hall's advice for Danny?
為什么重要或不重要? 杰克霍爾給丹尼的建議是什么?
Date: May 24 Weather:Warm!
日期: 5月24日 天氣:暖和!
Time to plant the garden!
該在花園里耕種了!
Dear Diary,
親愛的日記:
This evening,I had a meeting with Jack Hall,the Canadian astronaut.
今晚我和加拿大宇航員杰克霍爾見了一次面。
He's very nice and handsome,too!
他非常和藹也很英??!
We talked for over an hour.
我們談了一個多小時。
I asked him how he grew up to be an astronaut.
我問他他是如何成為一名宇航員的。
He laughed,and said that he had always planned to visit space.
他笑了,說他曾經總是計劃著去太空。
To get ready,he studied science and mathematics all through school.
為做好準備,他在學校學習期間一直都學習科學和數學。
After he graduated from university,he got a job with the Canadian Space Agency.
從大學畢業之后,他在加拿大國家航天局工作。
He still had to work hard for twelve years before getting a chance to go into space.
在得到機會進入太空之前他還是在努力工作了十二年。
That sounded like a lot of work!
聽起來好象有很多工作要做?。?br />He asked me if I enjoyed science in school.
他問我在學校是否喜歡科學課。
I said that I didn't,but that I would try to like it in the future.
我說我不喜歡,但是我將來會試著喜歡它的。
Then I asked him if he thought I might make a good astronaut.
之后我問他他是否認為我可能成為一名優秀的宇航員。
He said that he was sorry,but he thought not.
他說他很抱歉,他認為不能。
He said that I shouldn't feel sad.
他說我不應該感到傷心。
He explained that the inside of a spaceship is very small.
他解釋說太空船里面非常小。
There would be no room for someone as big as me.
對我這樣的大塊頭來說空間是不夠的。
"That's not fair!" I told him.
“那不公平!”我告訴他。
"I really,really want to be an astronaut!"
“我真的很想成為一名宇航員!”
He thought for a minute.
他沉思了一會。
Then he said,"Many people work together in the space program.
然后他說:“許多人在太空項目方面一起工作。
Very few of them ever become astronauts.
他們中只有很少的幾個人會成為宇航員。
But we are all part of the same team."
但是我們都是同一個團隊的一部分。”
Perhaps I'll work in the space program,even if I can't be an astronaut.
即使不能成為一名宇航員,我可能也會從事太空項目方面的工作。
He said that I should get a good education.
他說我應該得到良好的教育。
He wanted me to study many subjects,not only science!
他想讓我學習許多科目,不僅僅是科學!
Then,when I'm grown up,I will be ready for anything.
當我長大后,我就為任何事情做好了準備。
That's good advice!Danny
那真是個好建議! 丹尼
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Write in your diary about your parents'jobs.
寫關于你父母的工作的日記。
Do they want you to have the same job?
他們想擁有相同的工作嗎?
Do you want to do the same job?
你想做相同的工作嗎?
Tell whether or not you like their jobs and why.
說說你喜歡他們的工作與否,以及原因。
您現在的位置: 首頁 > 初中英語 > 初中英語 > 初中英語河北教育出版社 > 初中英語河北教育出版社九年級(下) > 正文

掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: