UNIT 6 Get Ready for Jobs
第六單元 為就業做好準備
Lesson 45: Planet Danny
第45課: 丹尼行星
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想!
Have you ever seen or used a telescope?
你曾見過或用過望遠鏡嗎?
What would you like to use a telescope for? cope?
丹尼想用望遠鏡找什么?
Find A New Planet?
發現了一顆新行星?
On Saturday afternoon,Jenny and Brian visit Danny at his house.
周六下午,珍妮和布萊恩到丹尼家去看望他。
When they arrive,he is outside.
當他們到那時,丹尼在屋外。
"Hi,Danny," says Brian.
“嗨,丹尼,”布萊恩說,
"What do you have there?" "It's a telescope," says Danny.
“那有什么?”“是一架望遠鏡,”丹尼說,
"I told my father that we were studying the solar system at school.
“我告訴過我爸爸我們在學校學習太陽系。
He said that I could use his telescope."
他說我可以用他的望遠鏡。”
Danny looks through the telescope.
丹尼通過望遠鏡看了看。
"That's funny," he says."I can only see a tiny circle of light."
“很奇怪,”他說,“我只能看到一丁點光。”
Jenny laughs."You're looking through the wrong end,Danny!
珍妮笑了。“你看反了,丹尼!
Try looking through the other end."
試著從另一端看看。”
Danny turns the telescope around,and looks through it again.
丹尼把望遠鏡翻轉過來,再次透過望遠鏡看了看。
"That's better," he says.
“好多了,”他說。
"But I still don't see any stars or planets," says Danny.
“但是我仍然看不到星星或行星,”丹尼說。
"Of course you don't,Danny!" Brian laughs.
“你當然看不到了,丹尼!”布萊恩笑著說,
"The sun is shining.
“太陽在發光呢。
The stars come out at night."
星星在晚上才出來呢。”
"Can Brian and I come back after supper?" asks Jenny.
“我和布萊恩在晚飯后能來嗎?”珍妮問,
"I would love to look through your telescope.
“我想通過你的望遠鏡來觀察。
The sun will go down at around 8:00.
太陽將在8點鐘左右落山。
After that,we will be able to see the stars shine."
在那之后,我們就能看到星星閃爍了。”
"Sure," says Danny."You two can help me."
“當然可以,”丹尼說,“你們倆可以幫我。”
"Help you?" asks Brian."What are you trying to do?"
“幫你?”布萊恩問,“你要想做什么?”
"I want to discover a new planet.
“我想發現一顆新行星。
Then I can become an astronauts," says Danny.
然后我就能成為一名宇航員了,”丹尼說。
"I think you need a bigger telescope,Danny," says Brian.
“我想你需要一架大點的望遠鏡,丹尼,”布萊恩說。
"Scientists use huge telescopes when they look for planets."
“科學家們在尋找行星時使用的是巨型望遠鏡。”
"Bigger than mine?" asks Danny.
“比我的大嗎?”丹尼問。
"Bigger than your whole house!" says Jenny.
“比你的整個房子還要大!”珍妮說。
"Well," says Danny,"it's worth a try,even if I don't find a planet."
“嗯,”丹尼說,“要是我沒有發現一顆行星的話,試一試還是值得的。”
"We'll come back tonight," says Brian.
“今天晚上我們還會來的,”布萊恩說。
"See you then,Danny!" Get More Sleep!
“丹尼,到那時再見!”更多的睡眠!
"What's wrong,Danny?
“丹尼,怎么了?
You don't look very sunny today!" asks Jenny.
你今天看起來氣色不好啊!”珍妮問。
"I looked for a new planet all night," says Danny.
“我整個晚上都在找新行星,”丹尼說。
"I'm going to try again tonight.
“我今天晚上還要再試一次。
If I could only find one,I'd be over the moon!"
哪怕我只能找到一顆,我也就欣喜若狂了!”
"I think that you should go to bed tonight," says Brian.
“我認為你今天晚上應該睡覺,”布萊恩說,
"You need more sleep.
“你需要更多的睡眠。
You look really spaced-out this morning."
你今天早晨的確看起來魂不守舍的。”
"But I don't want to be an ordinary dinosaur," says Danny.
“但是我不想成為一個普通的恐龍,”丹尼說,
"I want to be a star!
“我想成為一個明星!
If I discover a new planet,everyone will know my name."
如果我發現了一顆新行星,大家都會知道我的名字。”
"Brian's right," laughs Jenny.
“布萊恩說得對,”珍妮笑著說,
"You need more sleep,Danny!"
“丹尼,你需要更多的睡眠!”
LET'S DO IT!
做一做!
Interview five or ten of your classmates about these questions:
針對這些問題采訪五個或十個你的同學:
What do you think is the most popular job?
你認為什么是最受歡迎的工作?
What other jobs do students want?
學生們想要其他什么工作?
Why do they want these jobs?
他們為什么想要這些工作?
Make a report of your interviews and present it to the class.
把你的采訪向全班做一篇報道。
adj. 流行的,大眾的,通俗的,受歡迎的