UNIT 3 Pardon Me!
第三單元 原諒我!
Lesson 18: Wait!Don't Eat Yet!
第18課:等一下!不要吃!
THINK ABOUT IT!
想一想
What do you know about "table manners"?
你對“餐桌禮儀”了解多少?
Have you ever had dinner with a foreigner?
你曾跟外國人一起用過餐嗎?
What thing does almost everyone have at a Canadian table?
在與加拿大人一起用餐時,大家都要注意什么?
All societies have customs about how to eat politely.
所有的社會都有關于禮貌進餐的風俗。
In English,we call these customs "table manners."
在英語中,我們稱這些風俗為“飯桌禮儀”。
Table manners in China and Canada are quite different.
中國和加拿大的飯桌禮儀大不相同。
It's very interesting!
這非常有趣!
Here are some examples.
這里是幾個例子。
In China,if you drop something on the tablecloth,you usually leave it there.
在中國,如果把東西掉在了桌布上,人們通常會讓它留在那兒。
You don't pick it up,and you certainly don't eat it!
人們不會把它撿起來,肯定也不會吃的!
In Canada,if you drop something on the tablecloth,
在加拿大,如果把東西掉在了桌布上,
you pick it up and put it on your plate.
人們會把它撿起來放在自己的盤子里。
It's okay to eat it,especially if it's something dry,like a piece of bread.
吃掉它是可以的,特別是像一片面包這樣的一些干東西。
In China,if your guests have no food on their plates,
在中國,如果客人盤子里沒有食物了,
putting food on their plates is polite.
在他們的盤子里添食物是禮貌的。
In Canada,you pass food to guests,
在加拿大,人們把食物遞給客人,
but you don't usually put food on their plates.
通常不把食物放在他們的盤子里。
In China,if you are someone's guest,
在中國,如果人們在做客,
you should not finish everything on your plate.
不應該吃光盤子里的所有東西。
It means that you haven't had enough to eat.
這意味著他們沒有吃飽。
In Canada,to finish the food on your plate is polite.
在加拿大,吃光盤里的食物是禮貌的。
It means you like the food.
這意味著人們喜歡吃這些食物。
In China,some people like to help themselves,or others,to food with their own chopsticks.
在中國,一些人喜歡用自己的筷子給自己或別人夾菜。
At a table in North American,
在北美的餐桌上,
people will not help themselves to food unless each dish has its own special spoon.
每道菜都有專用的勺子,否則人們是不會吃它的。
It is not polite to use one's own knife,fork or spoon to serve food.
用自己的刀叉或勺子盛食物是不禮貌的。
In China,nobody has a knife at the table.
在中國,在飯桌上沒有人用餐刀。
In Canada,usually everyone has a knife.
在加拿大,通常人人都用餐刀。
Here are some other customs in Canada that everyone knows.
這里還有一些其它在加拿大人人皆知的習慣。
How many of these rules are true in China?
這些規矩在中國有多少是合理的呢?
It's rude to put your elbows on the table,but almost everyone does.
把胳膊肘放在飯桌上是不禮貌的,但是幾乎人人都這樣做。
It's rude to talk when you have food in your mouth.
嘴里有東西時說話是粗魯的。
Parents are forever telling their children:
父母們總是在告訴他們的孩子:
"Don't talk with your mouth full!"
“嘴里有東西時不要說話!”
It's rude to use a toothpick at the table.
在飯桌上使用牙簽是粗魯的。
Spaghetti comes from Italy.
意大利面來自意大利。
It is a kind of noodle.
它是一種面條。
You put tomato sauce and cheese on it.
你把番茄醬和奶酪放到上面就可以了。
I'm hungry!Let's eat
我餓了!!一起吃吧!
PROJECT WHAT'S THE STORY?
任務,這個故事是什么?
In small groups,find pictures of people in magazines.
分組,在雜志里找出人物圖片。
Let each member of your group choose one person.
每個組員選擇一個人物。
Cut out the people and glue them to a piece of paper.
把圖片剪下來粘在一張紙上。
Do the people act like they are doing something unusual?
那些人們的動作像是他們在做什么不尋常的事嗎?
Good!Make it interesting!
好的!把它編得有趣一點!現在想一想!
Now,think!As a group,make up a quick story about your picture.
以小組為單位,編出一個關于你們圖片的小故事。
What are the people doing?
人們在干什么?
What are they saying?Write down your story.
他們在說什么?寫出你的故事。
Trade your picture with the students from another group.
把你們的圖片與另一組的同學交換。
Make up a story for their picture.
給他們的圖片編一個故事。
Compare your ideas with their ideas.
把他們的想法與你們的相比較。
Are your ideas the same as theirs?
你們的想法與他們相同嗎?
Why or why not?
為什么相同或不同?
n. 原諒,赦免
vt. 寬恕,原諒