妙語佳句:
原句:And you humans always make a mess of things.
make a mess:搞亂, 搞成一團糟
I always make a mess when I try to cook anything.
我做飯時總是弄得一團糟。
She says pets can make a mess of the house.
她說動物能把屋子弄的一團糟。
原句:Like your parents, who gobbled up the food of the spirits like pigs.
gobble up:吞沒, 消耗掉
The government seems to gobble up the taxpayers' money.
政府似乎大筆大筆地亂花納稅人的稅款。
The children gobble up their food and rushed out to play.
孩子們狼吞虎咽地吃完飯就沖出去玩了。
原句:Or, maybe you'd prefer a lump of coal?
a lump of:一塊
Please put a lump of sugar in your coffee.
請給你的咖啡里放一塊糖。
原句:But I'm sure you didn't do it on your own.
on one's own:獨自地, 獨立地, 主動地
After graduation, he lives on his own.
畢業后他就獨立生活了。
His mind ran on his own troubles.
他老在想自己的煩惱事。
考考你:
而你父母竟然把事情搞砸了。
那是應得的報應,而你也應該變成小豬的。
上期答案:
She's the head honcho here.
he's really sticking his neck out for you.