I still reacall the accident.
我還記得那次事故的場景。
I had an audacious attitude back then.
當時我態度魯莽。
I remember being very upset at my brother and telling him,"you have the audacity to call me a coward when you won't even try."
我記得我很惱火我的弟弟,還跟他說:“你自己都沒試過,怎么能厚顏無恥的叫我膽小鬼!”
Neither of us knew how unstable and heavy that auger bit was.
我們兩個都不知道鉆孔機的鉆頭會那么不結實,又那么重。
Then I felt the numbing pain of the auger bit crushing my back.
然后,鉆孔機鉆頭壓斷了我的后背,我痛的幾乎麻木了。
I can still see the ambulance attendants, in their clean white attire, attending to my injury.
我現在還能回想起穿干凈白大褂的救護車救護人員,他們照料我的傷勢。
I think my voice was barely audible.
我想當時我得聲音肯定小的沒人能聽見。
The doctors were able to attach supporting metal pins to my spine, but I've yet to walk.
雖說醫生能在我的脊椎上,綁些金屬支撐釘,我還是不能走路。
My whole body seems to be in a state of atrophy.
我的整個身體似乎出于萎縮狀態,
But I've never given up to hope.
但我從沒放棄希望。
One of my strongest attributes is patience.
我最堅強的品質之一就是有耐心。
Someday, I'll attain the use of my legs again.
總有一天,我將會再次獲得一雙能走路的腿。
Fortunately, my attorney helped me to obtain compensation for my injuries.
幸虧我的律師幫我拿到了傷害賠償金,
The extra money helps to augment my monthly income.
這筆錢增加了我的月收入。
I still work as an accountant, auditing the books of small companies.
我還在做會計,替一些小公司查賬。不
But I only work part-time, and later this year, I plan to retire.
過,我只是兼職。我打算下半年退休,
It looks like my company will reduce its staff through attrition.
因為我所在的那家公司似乎要通過自然減員來精簡編制。
I'd like to spend more time with my family now.
我想有更多的時間與我的家人在一起。
I have a strong attachment to my wonderful and energeic daughter.
我和我那個精力充沛的寶貝女兒感情很深。
Everyone loves her.
每個人都喜歡她。
It's as though she emits an aura.
她似乎散發著青春的氣息。
This afternoon, I'll be taking her to the school auditorium so that she can attend an audition for a part in the school play.
今天下午,我要送她去學校大禮堂,她將參加學校話劇中的一個角色試演。
Next winter, we'll be taking a trip to Alaska to see the aurora borealis!
明年冬天,我們要去阿拉斯加看北極光。