Of Mountain Lu we cannot make out the true face;
For we are lost in the heart of the very place.
語音講解:
今日發音練習重點:
言之有物:
1. 詞鏈兒:Mountain Lu 廬山
2. 詞鏈兒:cannot make out the true face → 不識真面目
① make out 〔勉強〕看出,辨認出,聽出
They could barely make out the pictures.
他們很難看清楚那些照片。
I couldn’t make out what he was saying.
我聽不清他在說些什么。
② true face 真面目
I see not the true face of Lushan mountain because I am in the mountain.
不識廬山真面目,只緣身在此山中。
The true face of Lushan is lost to my sight, for it is right in this mountain that I reside.
不識廬山真面目,只緣身在此山中。
3. 詞鏈兒:be lost in XX
迷失于XX;沉浸于XX
You are lost in the woods.
你在樹林里迷路了。
I was lost in painting and forgot the time.
我畫畫畫迷了, 忘了時間。
拓展詞鏈兒:be lost in (deep) thought
陷入了沉思
Harry just stood there, lost in thought.
哈里就站在那里,陷入沉思之中。
She was lost in thought, and did not seem to notice that everyone was looking at her.
她沉思著,似乎沒有注意到大家都在看她。
You are lost in the woods.
你在樹林里迷路了。
You're lost in your role, and you're lost in yourself.
你在你的角色中迷失了,不清楚自己是誰。
I was lost in thought.
我出神了。
4. 詞鏈兒:the heart of XX
XX的核心/中心
Teaching is at the heart of learning.
教學是學習的核心。
Notre Dame is the heart of Paris and the heart of France.
圣母院是巴黎的中心,也是法國的中心。
5. 詞鏈兒:the very XX
正是/恰是XX
*the very place 指代 Mountain Lu
very adj. 同一的,正是的,恰好的〔用以加強語氣〕
回顧【The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up, and up, and up.】
That's the very thing I need.
那正是我需要的東西。
I'll start at the very beginning.
我要從頭開始。
活學活用:
請用 be lost in XX 隨意造句
蘇軾于神宗元豐七年(1084)由黃州(治所在今湖北黃岡)貶所改遷汝州(治所在今河南臨汝) 團練副使,赴汝州時經過九江,與友人參寥同游廬山。瑰麗的山水觸發逸興壯思,于是寫下了若干首廬山記游詩。《題西林壁》是游觀廬山后的總結。據南宋施宿《東坡先生年譜》記載可知此詩約作于元豐七年五月間。
關注微信號:TeacherGwen