Learn to get up at six in the morning, and you'll be one deadly creature. You'll have half your day down by the time other people hauled their sorry asses out of bed. So that's a massive advantage.
語音講解:
今日發音練習重點:
言之有物:
1. 詞鏈兒:learn to do...
學會做......
Where did you learn to cook?
你在哪里學的烹調?
2. 詞鏈兒:one deadly creature
一個厲害的人;一個高效的人
*此處 deadly 為褒義,指 "致命高效"
詞匯:deadly adj. 極度的;十足的;徹底的
I'm in deadly earnest.
我是非常認真的。
They are deadly enemies (= are full of hatred for each other).
他們是不共戴天的仇敵。
3. 詞鏈兒:get up at six in the morning
早上六點起床
I usually get up at six in the morning.
我通常在早上六點起床。
4. 詞鏈兒:have half your day down
完成了半天的事;度過了半天(充實的時光)
詞匯:down adv. 已完成數量(或進度)
Well, I've seen six apartments so far. That's six down and four to go!
好啦,到目前為止我已看了六套公寓房??赐炅走€有四套要去看呢!
Well, you’ve passed your second test, so it’s two down and four more to go.
好,你已經通過了第二項測驗,那么已有兩項完成,還有四項要做。
5. 詞鏈兒:haul out of XX
用力緩慢挪動到XX
詞匯:haul v. 拖,拉
Despite feeling tired, he managed to haul out of bed and start his exercise routine.
盡管感到疲憊,他還是努力從床上爬起來,開始了日常鍛煉。
I hauled my sleepy body out of bed when the alarm went off for the third time.
鬧鐘第三次響起時,我拖著昏昏欲睡的身體從床上爬了起來。
Haul your ass out of bed. A body in motion stays in motion. A body in bed gets depressed.
趕緊起床。運動使人健康,懶床使人抑郁。
影視片段《女子監獄 第七季》
I'm not here to haul you out of here.
我不是拉你離開的。
影視片段《實習醫生格蕾 第十一季》
活學活用:
請用 haul out of XX 隨意造句
喬丹·伯恩特·彼得森,是加拿大多倫多大學的心理學教授,臨床心理學家和文化批評家。他的主要研究領域是異常心理、社會心理的和人格心理學,特別是宗教信仰和思想體系方面的心理學以及個人性格的評估和改進。彼得森在加拿大艾伯塔省費爾維尤市長大。他先后獲得阿爾伯塔大學的政治學學士和心理學學士學位。
關注微信號:TeacherGwen