Jim: Lee, what's your hometown famous for?
吉姆:李,你的家鄉因什么出名?
Lee: My hometown Hunan has many specialties, such as Xiang Lotus, stinky tofu, and the most famous hot peppers.
李:我的家鄉湖南有很多特產,比如湘蓮、臭豆腐,還有最著名的辣椒。
Jim: Sounds attractive. I love stinky tofu very much.
吉姆聽起來很誘人。我很喜歡臭豆腐。
Lee: What about your hometown?
李:你的家鄉呢?
Jim: My hometown is very different from yours. Hainan Province has many unique products like rubber, coconut, pineapple and so on. We also plant areca.
吉姆:我的家鄉和你的大不一樣。海南省有很多獨特的產品,例如橡膠、椰子、菠蘿等等。我們也種檳榔。
Lee: Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's people in Hunan that consume the most arecas in the whole China.
李:啊,但是據我所知,湖南人才是中國消費檳榔最多的吧。
Jim: Yes. That's a very interesting phenomenon.
吉姆:是啊。那也是很有趣的現象。
Lee: You know? There is a small county called Xiang Tan, people there love arecas very much. They regard arecas as honorable gifts to give and treat their guest.
李:你知道嗎?有個叫湘潭的小縣城,那里的人們非常喜歡檳榔。他們把檳榔當成是送禮和待客的非常尊貴的東西。
Jim: I think I can work in Hunan in the future. I'm pretty sure that I'll fall in love with that place.
吉姆:我想以后我可以去湖南工作。我非常確信我會愛上那個地方。
Lee: I love it too. And it's really a lovable place.
李:我也很愛那個地方。它確實很討人喜歡。