2.實用對話
Standards of Choosing a Mate擇偶標準
Brother: Dana, what's up? You look depressed.
哥哥:達納,怎么了?你看上去很沮喪。
Sister: Well, I just broke up with Daniel. Now I'm thinking about what kind of guy I'll end up with.
妹妹:嗯,我剛剛和丹尼爾分手了。現在我在想我最終會和什么樣的男人在一起。
Brother: That's really a difficult question. What kind of guy do you like?
哥哥:這個問題真的比較難。你喜歡什么類型的男人?
Sister: I guess I like men who are funny. Someone who can make me laugh and relax a bit. They should be clever. witty and aggressive. And...
妹妹:我想我喜歡風趣的男人。那種能讓我開懷大笑、感覺稍微有點放松的男人。要聰明、機智、有進取心。還要…
Brother: What's the most important trait that you think men should have?
哥哥:你認為男人應該具有的最重要的品質是什么?
Sister: Loyalty and responsibility. I don't care much for personal wealth.
妹妹:忠誠和責任感。我并不太在乎他的個人財產。
Brother: What about his appearance?
哥哥:那外貌長相呢?
Sister: He should be tall, muscular and handsome.
妹妹:他應該高大、健壯而且帥氣。
Brother: Well, what kind of men are not to your liking?
哥哥:嗯,那什么樣的男人你不喜歡呢?
Sister: I hate men who always think they are right and are keenly alive to their interests, like you.
妹妹:我厭惡那些總是自以為是并且斤斤計較個人利益的男人,就像你這樣的。
Brother: Dana. don't talk like that. I've always been a good brother to you. But it's alright. I know you're in a bad mood. Anyway, cheer up. I've a few friends who might meet your standards.
哥哥:達納,不要那么說嘛。我可一直都是你的好哥哥。但也沒關系,我知道你心情不好。不管怎樣,你要打起精神來。我有幾個朋友可能能夠達到你的標準。
Sister: I apologize for what I said. Sorry.
妹妹:我為我說的話道歉。對不起。