2.實用對話
Foreign Exchange外匯
Benjamin: Do you handle foreign exchange here?
本杰明:你們這里辦理外匯業務嗎?
Clerk: Yes. How can I help you?
職員:辦理。需要我幫您什么忙嗎?
Benjamin: I'd like to exchange RMB for US dollars.
本杰明:我想把人民幣換成美元。
Clerk: OK. How much would you like to change?
職員:好的,您想換多少?
Benjamin: What's the current exchange rate?
本杰明:當前的匯率是多少?
Clerk: It's 6.9 RMB ( renminbi ) to 1 US dollar.
職員:人民幣兌美元是6.9比1。
Benjamin: What was the exchange rate several days ago?
本杰明:前幾天的匯率是多少?
Clerk: About 7.1 RMB ( renminbi ) to the dollar.
職員:人民幣兌美元大概是7.1比1。
Benjamin: The exchange rate is in my favor at the moment.
本杰明:現在的匯率對我來說很有利。
Clerk: Yes, sir. How much would you like to exchange?
職員:沒錯,先生。您想換多少?
Benjamin: Let me think... What will the exchange rate be like tomorrow.
本杰明:讓我想想…明天的匯率會是怎樣呢?
Clerk: It's hard to say, sir. I think the exchange rate is likely to fall in the near future.
職員:先生,這就很難說了。我個人認為匯率近期可能會降。
Benjamin: Well, OK. Then I'd like to exchange 6.900 RMB.
本杰明:嗯,好吧。那我就換6900元人民幣吧。
Clerk: OK. Please wait a moment.
職員:好的。請稍等。
Benjamin: Would you please give me some change?
本杰明:能給我些零錢嗎?
Clerk: What would you like that in?
職員:您想要什么面值的?
Benjamin: I'd like seven 100-dollar notes. The rest I'd like in tens, twenties and fifties.
本杰明:我想要7張100美元的。其余的,我想要10美元、20美元和50美元面值的。
Clerk: No problem.
職員:沒問題。